“Close to shopping and attractions” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meridian Park Suites Aurora

and 1 more site!
Meridian Park Suites Aurora
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
“Close to shopping and attractions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The experience is ok.

Pros
Close to shopping and restaurants (lots of choices).
Affordable
Staff is quite helpful especially the front desk (they guided best places to eat)
Very close to arora temple and swamy Naryanan temple.
Indoor pool and jacuzzi (I was enjoying it when it is snowing outside).
Free washer and dryer.

Cons
To exit the hotel it was confusing initially.
The elevators were not working and we were on fourth floor (so we need to ask front desk every time). This was fixed next day.
The rooms were ok one of the bed lamp was not working, when I told the front desk they promptly repaired next day. Not sure why the two bed lamps were different in size and shape.

Summary:
This is a good place to stay. The place may need a face lift (a little bit of maintainance). If possible have DVD on site (like red box). You aleready give the player in each room.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your Three Star Review!!

I’m glad you were able to enjoy all our great local amenities. The front desk always works hard at ensuring any concerns of the guests are resolved in a timely manner. We hope to see you again soon. If you have any further feedback please feel free to reach out to me directly.

sselim@aurorastaybridge.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

With my job, I stay in suites for months at a time. This was a great place to spend 2 months.
The good...
Three hbo channels, largest 1 bdrm suite I've stayed at, great breakfast variety, indoor pool, on a lake with walking trail, plenty of stores nearby, beautiful courtyard and dining room, free laundry, friendliest staff I've seen, 5 mi shuttle service, across the street from train, great price, never had a problem, liked the 6 day light clean/ 1 day deep clean housekeeping model.
The bad...
Need better quality dinners/ more variety w dinner, 20 min to any recreational attractions/activities, when breakfast/ dinner is over they shut off the lights.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your FIVE star review!!!

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next visit you must try our brand new breakfast and evening dinner food choices we just rolled out this fall. Thank you for the feedback on the breakfast and dinner lights being shut off I can definitely address with the appropriate associates. Should you want to discuss further please feel to contact me directly and hope to see you soon.

Bloomington, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I like to lead with the positive - we were at the hotel because our daughter was in an a volleyball tournament nearby that started early in the morning. The location for us was perfect. Also, we appreciated the free buffet breakfast in the morning. So, that as the good...
Now the negatives. We booked a 2-bdrm suite so our kids would have their own bedroom and bath. We checked in, dropped off our luggage in the room, and headed out to dinner. Things seemed fine, except the room was very cold, so we turned off the air before we headed out. When we returned to the room after dinner the entire place smelled like sewer gas! It was strongest in the main/master bedroom and bath area!!! I have NEVER smelled such an awful odor anywhere, except when walking past some of the street sewers along Michigan Ave in downtown Chicago.
We immediately called the front desk to ask for another room and were told there were no more 2-bdrm suites, but they could come spray some room deodorizer. Hello....it's sewer gas....prolonged low-level exposure can cause fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches, irritability, poor memory and dizziness as well as nausea. The kind, but clueless person from the front desk, did come (40 min later) and spray the room -- that's a whole other story, because the stuff she sprayed had such a strong odor that it would have made me sick if I had to breathe it all evening -- but we still insisted on another room.
Ultimately we were moved to a room with one king bed and a pullout sofa bed for the kids. Not exactly what we wanted for our daughter who had to play volleyball the next morning, but I guess better than making her so ill from sewer gas exposure that she couldn't play at all. We still had to pay for the downgraded room and weren't even offered a comp room for another visit. Maybe they figured we would never want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our second room seemed to have a very faint odor in the bathroom, but it might have just been in our...
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I would like to first apologize for your poor experience while staying at Staybridge. I can assure you my staff and I work very hard to give every guest that stays with us a positive memorable stay. I had my engineering look further into your comments regarding the room and was assured there is no gas/sewer leak in that room or the hotel, and further looking into what may be causing the odor. If there is anything I can additionaly assist you with or if you would like to talk further about your stay please feel free to contact me directly.

630-429-2512 Direct
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our stay at the Staybridge was very nice, the room was very clean and the staff was very courteous. The disappointing thing was we chose this hotel over others because it had a pool and a spa. The pool is in need of some serious work, the bottom showed many signs of peeling paint. The spa was terrible, the water wasn't even warm. We informed the front desk and she said she would inform maintenance of the issue. The next morning we again tried the spa. The maintenance worker cleaning the pool said this when we told him that the spa was still cold. "The heater is broken, They know about it for some time but won't fix it".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your three star review!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and wanted to let you know the spa is up and working. All issues have been fixed. The pool we have a scheduled date to reseal the bottom. I hope your next visit to the Aurora are you stay with us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

There were 5 adults staying here all stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite (smoking), one adult doesn't smoke and that's me! I will tell you this we walked in the room and believe it or not it did NOT smell of smoke at all. The room was great. 2 separate bedrooms full family room and nice studio style kitchen with full size fridge, toaster oven, 2 burner stove top, full size coffee maker. We stayed 2 nights. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us!
I'm very happy your and the rest of your party enjoyed your stay with us. If you have any additional needs please feel free to reach out to me directly.

630-978-2222
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and it was overall a positive experience.

The positives:

The hotel is easy to find and has quite a few restaurants within walking distance.
There is a nice lakeside trail out back for running.
The room was spotlessly clean.
Towels were replensihed and beds made at weekends without having to request the service.

The points which let the hotel down:
There was only one remote for 2 TV's - upon reporting this we were informed this was normal as "most people only watch one at a time"
The breakfast service was at best spotty - on our first morning it was very busy and items were not replenished as they ran out. The hot water was lukewarm and I was told it would not be replaced until we had used what was there.
By far the biggest let down though was the attitude of one of the breakfast staff. Numerous guests asked her questions and she completely ignored them, turning her back and at one point shrugging her shoulders. She finally was able to make it clear she spoke no English whatsoever which is absolutely unacceptable for an employee who needs to react to customers.

For me the positives outweighed the negatives however the staff member above needs reassigning to a task with no customer contact and some proper management employed in the dining area or this will drag down an otherwise good quality hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your three star review!!!

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope you had a chance to try one of our many restaurants in the area and on your next visit you must let me know which one was your favorite. I appreciate all your feedback and assure you all issues mentioned I addressed with the appropriate party. Any additional feedback please feel free to reach out to me directly.

630-429-2512 (Direct Phone)
Davenport, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I'm very disappointed with my stay at this hotel during the Labor day weekend. My wife and I arrive on Saturday. We were given a room on the fifth floor and once we took one step inside the room, it had a horrible smell of smoke. I immediately made a call to the front desk to request to be moved to another room. The front desk clerk desk told me that the hotel was completely booked and no room were available. I said well, if no rooms are available, than I don't have a choice. Five minutes later I tried to get rid of the smoke by turning on the air, however the air vent started smoking. I made another call to the front desk. The front desk clerk came up to the room and tried to resolve the problem. She told us that she was sorry that she couldn't move us to another room and the problems that we were having.
I wasn't happy and my wife always try to make a bad situation into a positive situation. Well, I took my computer out and went online to hotel.com, hotwire.com, and this hotel direct website. And every website listed this hotel having non smoking rooms available for $89.00. I booked this room through priceline for $70.00. With priceline your credit card is charged for the room and you cannot get a refund, unless you pay an additional fee for the service. This service only applies if you decide to cancel your hotel stay. Well we had just checked into the hotel, and could not get our money back. I can['t believe the desk clerk was so dishonest to us. I blame the management of this hotel for putting hotel staff in this situation. In this era one can look up anything on cell phones, computers, and many electronic devices. I believe all staff members were told to deny all customers any upgrades or room changes if they did not book at the regular room rate. This hotel was very understaffed over the Labor Day weekend. The girl at the front desk had to have worked 24 hours and than had several hours off and back to work for another 24 hours.
The second major problem I have was with the staff associates. Breakfast hours are Monday – Friday 7:30 – 9:30, and 7:30 -10:30 on the weekends. Well Monday was Labor day and many people were at the counter preparing their food and children putting cereal in bowls and a lady worker comes in and says, breakfast is over now'. I can understand if people were coming into the breakfast area trying to get breakfast, but when you have people already at the counters plating food, children with cereal, 'this was just disgusting,' This lady just started turning off things, and reaching over people to do so. One would think since this is a Labor Day weekend, that Monday is considered an extended holiday and have the same breakfast hours as the weekend, but not at this hotel.
Not happy:(

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JohnnyQuest77
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Meridian Park Suites Aurora, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I'm saddened by your dissatisfaction with your stay with us. Reading thru your review I can fully understand your frustration. This service is very uncommon for us. Our staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The front desk agent was correct that we were sold out over the weekend, and was not lying about not having non smoking rooms. I'm unsure why websites were selling non smoking rooms unless we had some same day cancellations. Management staff was on hand as well as engineering and I'm very surprised the staff member didn't reach out for assistance. This is a training issue that can be addressed as well as our breakfast staff. I truly hope that you give the hotel another chance on your next visit to aurora. If you would like to discuss your stay further or if there is anything I can do to help recover the situation please feel free to reach out to me.

639-978-2222
sselim@aurorastaybridge.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Aurora
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville

Been to Meridian Park Suites Aurora? Share your experiences!