“Very poor casino”

Hollywood Casino Aurora
Ranked #18 of 28 things to do in Aurora
More attraction details
Owner description: Located only 38 miles west of downtown Chicago, this 53,000-square-foot casino offers live poker and 27 high-action tables including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette and Three-Card Poker.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to Hollywood with a few friends. We went on a Friday night. There was a band that was playing. The music was very loud and disruptive. We were attempting to play slot machines and had to move to the other end of the casino. All of us lost our money rather quickly. The machines are set to not pay out anything. The people we saw who were playing around us appeared angry and frustrated. I felt the same way. We had a few expensive watered down drinks and then left. None of us had much fun or felt this place offers any entertainment value for the money. The atmosphere here is depressing. I was surprised out of the 5 of us that no one won anything at all. We spent around $1100 combined and couldnt even win a few bucks. We WON'T be coming back to Hollywood Casino Aurora. Its a shame because a few years ago you used to be able to win something here! Please spare yourselves the misery and go to any other casino in the area!!

9  Thank rebecca8787
"downtown"
in 5 reviews
"il"

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hollywood Casino is the worst casino in Illinois. The slot machines will rip you off and don't pay out. Go elsewhere. I won't be back

6  Thank Jenniferstinson
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very comfortable poker room where there are plenty of people to make a good game. Also good if you're a slots player but there aren't enough other table games. They especially need more $5 blackjack.

1  Thank DKP8888
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We came to the casino on a Thursday night (Valentines Day) and were disappointed. If all your looking for is a casino this is it but if you're looking for the party atmosphere that comes with the casinos I'm accustomed too you'll have to go somewhere else. We just left the Paramount Theater and was geared for more of a party atmosphere and found absolutely nothing going on. We put $5 in a slot, lost and left.

1  Thank NovTraveler01
See more reviews
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This Casino is absolutely the very worst that I have ever visited. The Slot machines are very tight. I recommend having A $300 to $400 minimum bankroll to even have a shot at winning anything substantial . Most of the Slots have very low jackpots (especially on 2 cent machines) . I played a few that had $200-$250 maximum jackpot for $3 maximum bet. The higher jackpot Slots are$3.50 and up maximum bet. Even the higher jackpot slots offer a minimal chance of winning. I went through $200 on .50 cent machine fairly quickly with nothing paid out for my efforts. I have visited Hollywood Aurora on 3 different occasions and have lost over $800. I won $80 on 1 machine and a few wins under $10 but besides that the machines guzzled my money quickly. I don't know how this casino stays in business. It also has a lot of wasted space with a dance floor that could accommodate extra machines. The Atmosphere is depressing and I hadn't seen any big wins on my 3 visits. I don't recommend this place. Rivers in Desplaines is a lot better. If you like to gamble I suggest going there instead. Hollywood Casino is The Pitts!!!

6  Thank Slotman69