“Good Poker Room”

Hollywood Casino Aurora
Ranked #6 of 28 things to do in Aurora
More attraction details
Owner description: Located only 38 miles west of downtown Chicago, this 53,000-square-foot casino offers live poker and 27 high-action tables including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette and Three-Card Poker.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very comfortable poker room where there are plenty of people to make a good game. Also good if you're a slots player but there aren't enough other table games. They especially need more $5 blackjack.

1  Thank DKP8888

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We came to the casino on a Thursday night (Valentines Day) and were disappointed. If all your looking for is a casino this is it but if you're looking for the party atmosphere that comes with the casinos I'm accustomed too you'll have to go somewhere else. We just left the Paramount Theater and was geared for more of a party atmosphere and found absolutely nothing going on. We put $5 in a slot, lost and left.

1  Thank NovTraveler01
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This Casino is absolutely the very worst that I have ever visited. The Slot machines are very tight. I recommend having A $300 to $400 minimum bankroll to even have a shot at winning anything substantial . Most of the Slots have very low jackpots (especially on 2 cent machines) . I played a few that had $200-$250 maximum jackpot for $3 maximum bet. The higher jackpot Slots are$3.50 and up maximum bet. Even the higher jackpot slots offer a minimal chance of winning. I went through $200 on .50 cent machine fairly quickly with nothing paid out for my efforts. I have visited Hollywood Aurora on 3 different occasions and have lost over $800. I won $80 on 1 machine and a few wins under $10 but besides that the machines guzzled my money quickly. I don't know how this casino stays in business. It also has a lot of wasted space with a dance floor that could accommodate extra machines. The Atmosphere is depressing and I hadn't seen any big wins on my 3 visits. I don't recommend this place. Rivers in Desplaines is a lot better. If you like to gamble I suggest going there instead. Hollywood Casino is The Pitts!!!

6  Thank Slotman69
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just a few observations. It is a relatively small casino.....the games seemed pretty dated. It is a smoke-free casino, they did have cocktail service. Overall...nothing special. It is on the river, so if you are tired of gambling, a walk along the levee might be nice.

1  Thank wicked1963
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had an hour to kill, so we stopped by the casino. Played the penny slots and walked out with $185. That's higher than my hourly consulting rate. Good variety of machines, not too busy and NO SMOKING. We were there about noon and we were able to park on the street.