“Authentic Food - 5 Stars , Pop from a can? - Reduces to 4”
Review of Taqueria Muniz

Taqueria Muniz
Ranked #13 of 317 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 28, 2013

After living in Aurora for years a friend told me about Taqueria Muniz. It was less than two miles from my house! It instantly became our go to place for authentic Mexican.

When you pull up you'll notice police cars and other local business cars. It's because everyone knows where the good food is.

Once inside you'll sit down to a simple family run Taqueria. The salsa is obviously home made and awesome.

She goes crazy for the tacos and sopes. I like the Empanada and any opportunity to try other items on the menu. We've never once been disappointed.

Like a lot of these types of places drinks are few and all from a can.

1  Thank bobcrane03

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My first time there. I'm in Aurora for a conference and wanted to eat some good mexican food. After reading the reviews from here, thought I'd give it a try. We went for dinner and they were not busy. I can see why, the food was very average. It is not worth it for the price! Chips were stale, food was not hot, served at room temperature. Wanted to try guacamole, they were out of it! I'm Mexican and I know good Mexican food, not worth the visit!

3  Thank Kim L
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a wonderful cochinita pabil burrito and a large horchata. The place is not fancy but the food is very good. We started with the guacamole. The flavor was good but i prefer a chunkier guac than they offer. Theirs is a little too smooth for me. My wife had the queso fundido and would have liked a little more chorizo...but that's nit picking. The service was very good, the staff is friendly and accommodating. I am very glad to find this restaurant and will return in the future. I prefer the informal atmosphere. Portions were good. We both took leftovers home.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just ate here after a friend insisted. It does not look like much but it is AWESOME!

Inspired: entire staff - each one went out of their way to be nice and helpful

Pro: parking, location, all the food we ordered was amazing

Con: zip - place is great!

Return: I am counting the days till me return

1  Thank 275GTS
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a family run Taqueria. The salsa and taco sauce are made fresh daily and are delicious. I'm not sure if I'm there for the meat or the salsa/sauce! The meat is seasoned and delicious. I would love to know how the chef does it. The meat has no gristle, fat etc. We have eaten here for approximately 2 years and go about every 10 days. Excellent food, good prices. The interior is basically a diner but when the food is this good...I really don't care. Excellent value for the prices.

Been to Taqueria Muniz? Share your experiences!