Super 8 Aurora/Naperville Area
$72
Rodeway Inn(North Aurora)
$51
  • Fitness center
Comfort Inn & Suites(North Aurora)
$89
All reviewsworked finevery pleasant staywould stay againupon checkfree breakfastnaperville areacerealmotelmicrowavedressercarpetingchicago
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I booked this hotel for my family who came from overseas to attend my wedding. This hotel offered the best discount for a weekly rate and also gave us a deal with a wedding rate for guess who only came for the weekend. I did extensive research and visited a dozen hotels before settling on this one, so I can say with confidence that this is the best deal among all the hotels in this area that have a breakfast and a pool (those are my two major requirements for my hotel stay to seem worth it :)). Granted, the pool is tiny, but since I cannot swim, it is perfect for my needs. It was very busy during the weekend, but we had the wedding during that time, so we would not have had the time to use the pool anyways, and on those days when we did have the time, it was all ours. The hot tub was a little bit too hot, but when we asked, the staff turned down the temperature a bit. The staff in general was great, very polite, very attentive and accommodating. The rooms were a decent size and well furnished, with a fridge and a microwave - much more expensive hotels in Naperville do not have those - trust me, I've done my research. The bathrooms were clean. Also, among all the hotels that I looked at (in the price range below or around 100), this was the only one that had actual queen size beds, not double beds posing as queens (I measured in inches - I know, I can sound obsessive, but my family had to stay there for a week, and I wanted to make it as comfortable for them as possible). We had three rooms for seven nights, they gave us new towels whenever we asked (yes, those towels are terrible quality, but if you use a new one each time, it's manageable), took out the garbage when we had agreed and left us alone when we asked to be left alone. The breakfast was ok, mostly carbs, only eggs for protein, could use an addition of yoghurt or something like that, but we all had our fill each morning and were fine. Overall, everyone in our party was happy with the stay, and we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We asked for a room far away from the smoking rooms and far from the pool due to chlorine smell, and our wish was granted.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank magev
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This place looks new and it is so clean! We checked in very late and the man who checked us in was very friendly. It was a nice-sized room. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I always (always, always, always) check reviews before reserving a hotel room and this one was much better than I thought it would be, even after reading the good reviews that others had written about it. I had a one-night stopover on a business road trip east (Mpls to Rhode Island) and needed an inexpensive, but good, hotel and this Super 8 didn't disappoint.

The room was 99% spotless, with just one tiny piece of crumpled paper next to the recliner in my room to not have it 100% spotless. The sink area and separate toilet/tub room were both as clean as our home bathrooms are. The bed was excellent, in my opinion, and everything in the room worked perfectly. Super 8 bath towels are notoriously thin but they were fine for my needs. That's why the room prices aren't higher, some things have to be forgiven if a company is going to offer rooms in this price range. The location was excellent and seemed super safe with lots of food choices within a few blocks or so.

The only hallway noise I heard was when some young folks came back to their room around 2:30 a.m. but, luckily, they weren't staying in an adjacent room to mine so once they went inside their room it was silent again. I didn't even look at the breakfast area because I've stayed at Super 8's quite a few times in the past and I don't eat cereal and donuts at all, let alone for breakfast. But, if a person does, this hotel would have had my breakfast needs met as well. I don't automatically expect, and demand, that a hotel supply me with breakfast so I don't judge them by what food they serve their guests. I also didn't check out the pool area so I can't say anything about that.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and will surely stay there again if / when I'm in the area. It was absolutely perfect for my needs.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ScottyG777
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Stayed here one night and it was clean, cheap, and well staffed. Rooms were immaculate, including the bathroom! Had a question about the Metra and front desk staff was very helpful. Not closest hotel to the mall or Metra station, but it was in a nice neighborhood. Left too early in the morning so we didn't get to try the breakfast. The pool is REALLY SMALL - more like an oversized hot tub. Great place if you just need a place to crash.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We were In Aurora for a wedding. The room was very clean. The bedding appeared to be brand new. If fact we bought pillows becasue the new motel pillows were too thick. The breakfast was pretty typical - lots of carbs-but there were boiled eggs for protein. The motel was very quiet. We did not use the small pool. The fitness center was a tread mill and striding machine that we didin't knwo how to turn on - though we could have asked, I'm sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family