“Nice hotel but don't count on the free breakfast”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel was nice and the pool area was one of the better ones in hotels we've stayed in. There are lots of families with small kids who come for the pool so it can get pretty loud in the hallways with kids yelling and crying both early and late. The room was very clean and comfortable. They have plug in internet access and no wi-fi. Bring your own breakfast or count on going out to eat. The breakfast food was extremely limited and very stale. I got a bagle that was worse than day old. Overall, this is probably the nicest hotel in the area if you are going to take advantage of their pool with kiddie area. The pool is pretty big and the hot tub one of the bigger of the hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank itsjustme1

Reviewed December 13, 2010

I travel a lot, and I stay with Hilton hotels and their affiliates most often. Therefore, I've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inn & Suites in the past several years, as well as Hilton Garden Inns, Hilton Hotels, Homewood Suites, Doubletrees and Embassy Suite hotels. Usually the Hampton hotels cater to busy business travelers, and I much appreciated the upgrade to a suite as I had originally reserved a regular room. However, I was surprised to find that the desk was located in the bedroom instead of the living room, and that there were few areas to actually charge many of my electronics. I usually like to keep my cell phone close to my bed when traveling, but there was no outlet available, so I had to charge it across the room.

I did appreciate the kitchenette with microwave, fridge and coffeemaker, but even plastic utensils were hard to come by. Sporks don't work well with soup. Also, restaurant menus were limited, and the Italian restaurant I chose to order from had awful pizza. In fact, the pizza wasn't even done when it arrived. I was coming down with a cold at the time, so soup and tea were my best friends on this trip.

Most things about this hotel were fine, but the lack of charging locations did irritate me and that the desk was located in the bedroom. I also would like to complain about the lack of TV channels. As I was under the weather and the weather was literally very cold, I was not interested in exploring the area as I normally do when traveling and not working. I did watch a movie the evening I was ill; however, paying $13.99 for the movie seemed a bit steep.

One more thing...it was difficult to get the temperature to properly regulate between the bedroom and living space. I would have it set the same in both rooms, but one room would be warmer than the other.

All in all, the accommodations were fine, and I only had one incidence this time of demagnetizing my room key. That's why I usually get 2 when checking in...from now on, I will insist on it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank rosebudmi
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel 6 separate times over a 6 week stretch for multiple days at a time. This place is a great place to stay. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The Pool is large and the staff is the best. They get to know your name to the point when you call over the phone to add or subtract a day, they know who you are by your name, not just your face. The continental breakfast is awesome, with something different every day of the week. My only complaint is that there are only about 20 stations on the TV to watch.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2010

My family had a wonderful time at the Hampton Inn in Aurora this past weekend!

The facility was clean and beautiful, our room was comfortable, the indoor pool was lots of fun, and the breakfast is the best I've seen at any hotel.

It was a memorable, close-to-home overnight!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyFun028
Reviewed September 29, 2010

It was a 50th high school reunion, and we wanted everything to be perfect for the emotional occasion. And it was. The hotel gave us a cut rate for rooms for the out-of towners. The staff were very interested in us, and over the top in helpfulness and good humor. The main event was held in the hotel, with two large rooms dedicated to the 90 of us. They set the tables just as we asked, skirted the serving counter, and provided an absolutely delicious array of food. We had prepared a slide show of old pictures, and they put up a huge screen and worked very hard to make the DVD work in their equipment, taking all the worry on themselves. Everything was on time and accompanied by warmth and courtesy.
And the breakfasts were wonderful, and included in the price of the room
Tom Stahl and his staff exceeded our expectations by far. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day Weekend as we were in town for a wedding. We arrived late and the staff was helpful and our rooms were ready. The free breakfast is above standard and roomy. The pool area was perfect for our kids and open late, it also was soundproof and didn't bother the rooms around it. This is perfect location, great rate and helpful staff. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Everyone at this hotel is sooooo welcoming!! Whether it's on the phone, at the front desk, at the breakfast area--their work ethic is consistent--it was our pleasure to stay there!! Moved our daughter into college and arrived in Aurora a day early and were immediately accommodated. Rooms were spotless and the decor there has a mission feel--simply beautiful. Breakfast was a feast, and they supplied something for everyone. The pool was wonderful and the hot tub just right. They even had a kiddie water park for younger children. Business meetings could be amply accommodated here as well. Other restaurants were within walking distance. Union Station is not far and is the last stop on the train when you are headed into Chicago. Thanks so much for the wonderful hospitality!! See you again soon!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Aurora
The Herrington Inn & Spa

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora? Share your experiences!