Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(North Aurora)
Rodeway Inn(North Aurora)
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
All reviewskiddie poolregular poollarge hot tubfrog slidegreat poolvolleyball netconference roomthe breakfast areaoutlet mallcomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staywould stay here againcomfortable bedsthe hotel is cleanexcellent hotelexcellent stayfront desk staff
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our room (1018) was on the first floor, near the pool, exercise room, and the lobby. We had a handicap accessible room with two queen beds. The room & bath were both spacious and clean. The room was equipped with a microwave, refridgerator, and coffee maker. I am not sure if it had a hair dryer as I never attempted to use it...sure it did, but didn't notice it. The shower is one equipped for a wheelchair and we did have issues with the water spilling out onto the floor, be sure to get a few towels from the pool to soak up that little mess. The beds were clean and appeared to be freshly laundered. The pool area was nice. The kids enjoyed the two pools as I did the hottub. The breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn fare, however the eating area was large, no problems with seating. I didn't use the exercise room - so no comment. Parking was not a problem at any time. There is a Panera Bread nearby and some other restaurants. We did see a few ants in our doorway but it was very promptly taken care of by the staff. I did not see any ants again. The room we had did not have a view, we could only see a brick wall out the window, but that turned out to be a plus - no lights shining in through the curtains at night or in the morning. No noise issues. Overall I liked the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank syhud582
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the shower water on the floor and the view of our Rock garden and unfortunately our pool building. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything else. Especially our pool area! Please give another try and we will be sure to get you a better view! If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact us!

Tom Stahl Director of Sales

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This review is tardy - my niece had her wedding reception at the Hampton Inn Aurora last August. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The reception room was beautiful and the food was delicious. We had two connecting rooms for the reception which worked out really nicely as one room was for dancing and music and the other was a place where those who wanted to sit and talk after dinner could do so. Tom the manager was so friendly and helpful to our family. Many members of our family stayed at the hotel and enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Very clean and we felt very taken care of.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Alwaysonthego00
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

We don’t mind a tardy review, especially when they are this complimentary! We just want to thank you for taking the time to let us (and others) know about your niece's reception. It sounded wonderful! We appreciate that she chose to share her special day with us and are glad that we were able to make it memorable. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great place to stay.. Good hot breakfast... Nice staff... Our golfing event was held in Aurora, IL and we stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites in Aurora. They were best because they decorated golf stuffs everywhere in the motel related to our golf outing. PERFECT !!! Thanks, Tom...

Judith

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our guests tell us all the time how much they love the golf theme and we are glad to hear that your group enjoyed it as well. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Aurora for 10 nights in August. This is a relatively new property just off the highway. There is a long strip mall near by with lots of chain fast food places. Pockets, Panera, Chipotle, Buffalo Wild wings, that kind of thing. The room was clean and housekeeping was consistently good, even on the weekends. Two things I liked the most were the high speed internet, I could stream anything I wanted. The other was the soundproofing. The only noise I heard in 10 was one guest in the adjoining room who let the door slam, over and over. But that was just one night. Other than that, it was super quiet. Parking was easy, even when the hotel was full. The laundry room was nice with Maytag machines. Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare, but best of all the breakfast area space was very spacious. Even on busy mornings, this great layout and the attentive staff made it easy and comfortable to get to every item. No bumping into people here. It was nice to see a hand-washing sink in the breakfast area and there were hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere, including the elevators.
While I was there, the staff did a great job hosting two groups with special needs. The first was the Illinois Deaf Golfers Association and the other a group of Seniors who were displaced when a storm blew the roof off their residence. I noticed several staff members going out of their way to make these guests comfortable. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and always helpful, usually remembering to use my name. But Allen [--] must not have undergone any Hilton training. The few times I spoke to him, he seemed more interested in what was on his cell phone and I was a bother. When I let him know I was going to leave for the weekend and come back, he was unpleasant, and raised the rate on my room significantly. He said it was because I had a length of stay rate, but I double checked and it was just a AAA rate. As a Diamond member, I usually enjoy great cheerful service and was really surprised by his attitude and unwillingness to help me find a comparable rate. So I decided not to come back.
Only small issues for improvement. It's a new hotel, but where did they get these old phones? The one next to the bed didn't work at all and the one on the desk wouldn't allow me to get or delete messages. The TV system was spotty. One night it took several calls and a visit from a friendly front desk agent to reset it. But before and after that, it would not work consistently. Lastly the ice machine was set in a very small alcove that was super warm. The result is melting ice fresh out of the machine and a small stinky garbage can that people put their take out remnants right next to where you have to get the ice.

Still all and all it was good stay. I would consider staying here again if I was working in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DTTAMPA
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the time to write the review.
We want to provide you with exceptional service, so whether your feedback is a suggestion or a compliment we love to hear from you. Please be assured that we are following up on all your comments. On behalf of the management I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the city.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was the get together place for a wedding and was a perfect choice. Our room was very clean and a good size, Bathroom could hold all of our toiletries and the closet had plenty of room for our evening outfits. Bedding was nice and fresh and the bed comfortable. We were on the 4th floor and the view was pleasant, Staff was more than helpful..when the car didn't arrive for the groom and his party, the Hampton pulled out their van and made sure that they got to the wedding site in plenty of time!! Nice pool with an outdoor area that you could enjoy a glass of wine or your morning breakfast. Plenty of choices at breakfast and really good coffee.

Room Tip: 4th floor has a relaxing view and very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you! We are posting your great comments for all our staff to see. We are glad you appreciate their professionalism and customer service! If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tom Stahl Director of Sales