Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
$62
Rodeway Inn(North Aurora)
$51
  • Fitness center
Comfort Inn & Suites(North Aurora)
$89
All reviewskiddie poolregular poollarge hot tubfrog slidegreat poolvolleyball netconference roomthe breakfast areaoutlet mallcomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staywould stay here againcomfortable bedsthe hotel is cleanexcellent hotelexcellent stayfront desk staff
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Had business at Aurora airport and this hotel is about 6 miles away and took less than 10 minutes to get there via back roads. Greeted promptly and checked in quick. Free snacks in the afternoon. Room is what I expected for Hampton Inns, Bed was better than I expected. Bathroom clean and large. TV channels had problems but was there for work. Free wifi and worked fine. Free breakfast was good and coffee was dark and rich. Separate pool room looked good, but did not use. Close to local restaurants and basic shopping. IHOP, Chilis, Buffalo Wild Wings, Jimmy Johns within 1/4 mile.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel. In today's competitive market place, we appreciate you have many choices for your business needs. We pride ourselves on honoring our customers, and our continued committed goal is to provide you with the personal, prompt and professional service you deserve. We apologize for the issues with the television. We are working directly with our television company to ensure that this gets fixed. We look forward to serving you. Thanks again.

Tom Stahl- Director of Sales

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Hampton Inn Aurora was site of our annual 2 day business meeting. The meeting room was perfect for our group and the service was excellent. I would recommend this location for business travelers.

Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

We would like to thank you for booking your meeting with us. We know you have many options and appreciate that you trusted us to help make the meeting successful. We appreciate it! If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tom Stahl- Director of Sales

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this clean and comfortable hotel. Rooms and public areas were in good condition and attractive. There were several restaurants to chose from within a mile. Good cookies upon check-in.

Just a few cons:

The flat screen TV had a reception problem causing many annoying screen freeze incidents.

The hot breakfast selection was rather limited (rotating each day between french toast sticks, scrambled eggs with ham, etc.) Would have been nice to have a little more variety, but it was adequate.

Evening nachos with cheese in lobby could have been accompanied by something to drink -- a little wine maybe.

Overall, a good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay with us. We apologize that you experienced some difficulty with your T.V. reception. Unfortunately we are unable to do a bar as it is not within our brand standards. We are however happy to hear that you felt overall you had a good experience with us. If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again! Tom Stahl- Director of Sales

Reviewed June 12, 2012

First thing that irritated me is after getting into the hotel late, I wanted to sleep in. I was rudely awakened by the maid busting through my door. I had the latch on, and she managed to force the door open waking me up. I could not believe it, in my 6 years of traveling I have never seen a maid do this. Considering the maid attempted to push the door open 4 or 5 times (at least it was how many time I heard the door hit the latch after I was awakened by the noise), she should have known better. Granted this is probably nitpicking, but the vending machine on my floor (4th floor) did not take dollar bills because it appeared to be broke. I had to go down to the 3rd floor to use that machine instead. Also noticed some holes in the curtain where I could see the beams of light when the sun was up at the right angle. Also the parking lot was covered in feces from some animal, they hosed a lot of it away, but missed some. Normally I would expect more from a Hampton Inn, so I was very disappointed.

1  Thank Eric P
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to address the issue. I understand the condition of the parking lot was also an area of concern and we want you to know that we have resolved the incident as well.I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Very nice, enjoy the x-tra large rooms and high ceilings and large open common & breakfast area. One of the nicest Hamptons I've visited over my past 17 years as an Hilton Honors member. Indoor pool and fitness center and gift shop with adult beverages makes this place very comfortable when away from home. Love the golf motif throughout and the pictures of golf greats. I wish all Hamptons were this nice or at least incorporate some of the ideas and style of this unique Hampton Suites.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard or any room off the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales