“Great location bad service.”

Ballydoyle Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 300 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Angola, Indiana
“Great location bad service.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Let me start by saying my husband and I are not picky people. We like things that are a little off the wall and old and dated some of the time. With that being said we loved the building we thought it was charming and what an Irish pub should look like. Our waitress started off nice and friendly but that went south quick. My husband finished his beer and my drink was empty several times she walked by and she smiled at us but never stopped to check on us. I had to stop her after she was done visiting with the other wait staff to get another beverage. While we were waiting for our food a spider fell out of the ceiling onto our table. I killed it and set the napkin at the edge of the table. When the food runner brought us our food I told him about it and he just laughed and took the napkin away. My husband had the shepherds pie and it was great! I however had the fish and chips and it was over cooked and greasy. I asked the waitress for a side of mayo and I waited and waited and watched her stand around, talk to other employees and finally after about 10 minutes she went and got it. By this time I was done with my meal and told her not to bother. She did not seem to care and brought us our check and that was the end of it. If they were busy I could understand having to wait but there were just a few tables on a Monday night. I would not recommend eating here but if you are just going to drink and don't mind getting your own drinks I say go for it.

Visited August 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“A great Irish pub”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had the pleasure to visit Balldoyle in Aurora. We found it a wonderful pup with friendly wait staff and a good selection of food and drinks. This pub has a lovely rustic look, and it is a cheerful, welcoming oasis in the rather dreary downtown area of Aurora. It is well situated near the Hollywood Casino and the river walk. We enjoyed our visit very much.

Visited July 2013
St. Louis metro area
“Fun place!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good food and great atmosphere. Enjoyed my first boxty (potato pancake) with chicken and veggies. Recommend it to anyone looking for a restaurant in the downtown area.

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Acceptable”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch on outdoor deck, which is a fun option in addition to large main room and smaller back room. The deck overlooks the Fox River and the Hollywood Casino, a nice view. There also used to be very private "booths" on the west side of the establishment which were also great but those were not available this time.

Seating was quick and waitress was as prompt as she could be. Staffing was a bit light and she covered indoor and outdoor areas. Our group had a variety of salads, boxty and burgers, which were all solid. This was 3rd time at Ballydoyle - I like the atmosphere #1, location #2, and food is #3.

Visited August 2012
Aurora, IL, USA
“More like a German beerhall.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Decent enough food. The huge dining room lacks warmth and ambiance and is very loud. Look for the back rooms and the snugs where it's a little more like an Irish pub. The boxty and burgers are very good.

Visited February 2013