“Perfect if you want a no frills long stay place”

Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed here the end of March- early April for a few weeks while relocating to a new home. This is a no frills extended stay - meaning you get housekeeping once a week. If you want/need anything in between then, you do the leg work. Like, I had to go to the front desk to get new towels, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. They do not have free breakfast and do not have any manager reception/light dinners. But, they do have FREE LAUNDRY!!!! There are some great thing and some thing that could be improved on. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. Biggest/best room they have and had an amazing rate since we are staying so long and were loyalty club members.

Pros:
Love the room set-up. I could let me daughter nap and be in the main room eating, watching TV, shower, etc without waking her.
Nice kitchenette (minus an oven - had 2 burner stove top and a top of the line microwave better than you will find in any house)
Had DVD player in the main room. You can check out videos at the front desk.
Comfortable beds and chairs and sofas.
Lots of room
The one light in the bathroom came on really low and then eventually would get brighter.
Fan in the bathroom.
Dishwasher and they provide the detergent.
FREE LAUNDRY! (Must bring your own detergent)
Very clean.
Quiet
Our gym was right next door, so we used that, but there is a very nice gym in the hotel.
Nice amount of storage space.

CONS:
What you get is what you get. We only had 4 spoons, 4 forks and 4 knives. So, I asked for more (since we eat 3 times a day - we would need more). They said there were none left in the hotel - but they gave me some plastic spoons. Uhhh......there are many other vacant rooms, go get a few from those rooms for me. Or, go buy more utensils.

Kind of a strange location for a hotel but it worked for us - right off 88.

Only 2 chairs to use at your table to eat. Had to use the office chair for the third person to eat. I asked for another dining chair - again - they had no more chairs for me. So, if you had 4 people in the room, one person must either sit on the table or stand to eat.

Didn't really have much of any outdoor area to play or sit. You can walk around the pond near the gym right behind it, though, and the church across the street has a nice playground - if they are not having service or pre-school, then you can use the playground (well, at least we did - don't let the church know)

OVERALL:
The people at the front were very nice and made us feel welcome. It's a new place and in very good condition.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jppalooza

Reviewed November 30, 2010

Stayed two nights over Thanksgiving Weekend. The room had excellent facilities including a kitchen with a small cooktop and microwave so we could prepare tea. The motel is on the far west side of town in a new industrial park so on a weekend was very quiet. A DVD player was in the room and the front desk had a library for it. Will stay again. About 10 minute drive to downtown.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Husky71
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We stayed here because our daughter goes to school nearby. We normally stay at Staybridge which is double the price but has a pol and food (not good food - but food), this candlewood has everything we needed. Mind you there was no pool. The wireless internet was strange and didn't work at first and the clerk could not help. But eventually it worked great. The desk clerk was helpful with dvds free to watch in room and menus for nearby restaurants delivering food. Great fitness center and laundry! So clean! Also beds were very comfortable. TV in living room has dvd player and thre is also a tv in bedroom (no dvd there)
I already booked this place again for next week!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank julie h
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Got two rooms for two nights to attend a wedding in the area. Rooms were new, and very clean, but were the tiniest suites I've ever seen. The rooms sleep two, barely. We squeezed a roll-away into one room, and there was hardly enough space on the floor to walk around suitecases. I did like the floor being laminate instead of carpet. A Starbucks is close by, if you are like me and get tired of hotel coffee. If you are tired of Starbucks (also like me), the best coffee in the area we found to be at Arcedium Coffeehouse in St. Charles, where were surprised by live cello music! A pretty town on the river - check it out!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Alabama Yankee 2
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Big, clean room. Queen bed, work area, sitting area, full closet, full fridge, two burner stove, sink, accoutrements for housekeeping, including dishes and flatware. Great towels, very comfortable bed, easy access to tollway and west Aurora and environs.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bkane8
Reviewed August 22, 2009

The Candlewood is a brand new hotel in tiptop condition. We stayed here for a weekend visit with extended family. Two of our daughters also had rooms here. The rooms include full refrigerators and everything needed to cook. That's good because there is no breakfast service at all, not even a continental. We were surprised at that since we have stayed at other extended stay places that do have a continental breakfast. The rooms here are cleaned once a week. In between you can ask for clean towels. The room is furnished with several towels to start with. You have a coffeemaker and coffee and can ask for more coffee. The desk people were very friendly and wanted to help if we needed anything but there really wasn't any need. Internet access was good, There are a few restaurants nearby. We were able to get a very good rate on our room. The extended studios provide decidedly more floor space that the studio. There is an exercise room but no pool. All in all, an excellent value for an extended stay place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kglen1
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I was staying at the InTown Suites in Downers Grove (or should I say InTown Jail) when I was looking for a temporary/sublet until 01 Aug 09. I came upon a listing for Candlewood Suites in Aurora/I-88. I was very skeptical at first because the price was unreal! It was the same price I was paying the the InTown Suite in Downers Grove! I contacted the GM - Joe and he explained everything to me and was very accomodating to my needs. The place is brand new, clean, comfortable, SMOKE-FREE, and has WIRED and WIRELESS internet! Laundry on-site is free (except for the soap.) So many ammeties to metion (LCD TV with HD!) I never write reviews but I think it is in order on this occassion! If you stayed at a Candlewood before and had a bad experience like I did (Witchita, KS) don't let that be the judgement in your not stay in here!

A+++++! - Matt V.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank dabears-mv81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in North Aurora

Been to Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville? Share your experiences!