“A wonderful B&B run by amazing people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marsha's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast

Marsha's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arthur
Marsha's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
You added Marsha's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 3 Arthur B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A wonderful B&B run by amazing people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Marsha's Vineyard at the end of April 2012 in the lovely Amish town of Arthur, Illnois. We received a very warm welcome from Jeff and Marsha who are probably the most warm and generous couple we have ever met. They greeted us like long-lost friends and we were touched by the warmth of their welcome. They gave great recommendations about things to do and places to go. The bedroom we stayed in was large and spotlessly clean. It is very stylishly decorated - and is separate from the main house, giving space and privacy. It was a lovely cosy room, with sofa and soft seating - with an adjoining kitchen and ensuite. I cannot recommend Marsha's Vineyard highly enough. Our visit to Arthur Illinois was one of the major highlights of our trip across Route 66 and much of this is due to Marsha and Jeff. Thank you so much!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank DavidMcGuire

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We especially liked that we had the place to ourselves and that the garden room was on the 1st floor. We had plenty of room to sort out our suitcases as we had been on the road for two weeks. Many B&B's that we stayed at were upstairs, so we would leave our large cases in the trunk and take what we needed each night. Because we were leaving for the airport the next morning the place made it easier for us to pack. Besides that, the bed was comfortable and the rooms clean. Marsha was very friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast was good and a variety to choose from. Cold and instant hot cereals, assorted fruit, yogurt, orange juice, milk, coffee, tea, and two kinds of fresh baked pastries made by the.Amish. Don't know if we will ever again visit Southern Illinois. If we do, we'll stay at Marsha's Vineyard B &B..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Daisy62
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

I just returned from my 5th visit to Marsha's and as always, had the BEST time. Marsha and her husband, Jeff always go out of their way to make us feel at home. The kitchen is always well stocked, and our room is clean and re-stocked when we return. The patio outside the Garden Room provides the perfect way to end a day of sight seeing around Arthur. We wouldn't stay anywhere else when we come to Arthur, as we have found the best kept secret in town!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank fitnessfreak68
st. louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

This year marks my sixth weekend stay at the vineyard since 2004. It is truly my friends and my "home away from home"! We have enjoyed every minute of our visit with Marsha and her husband Jeff. We especially love the home baked goods that Marsha provides us from the amish bakeries. This along with the opportunity to see all that Arthur and the surrounding area has to offer, makes Marsha Vineyard the perfect get away from the hustle of our "normal" lives.
We are already booked for the next year and look forward to our visits.

Ann from St. Louis

• Liked — I loved the environment of the B & B
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank stitchgirl
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

Marsha's Vineyard is the perfect place to stay! We have stayed at Marsha's once or twice a year for the last 5 years and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Marsha and Jeff are wonderful, very helpful and friendly. The house is beautiful and pristine clean.
We can't wait for our next trip to relax in Arthur!

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank institches033
Fenton, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

My wife, my daughter and I enjoyed our stay at the vineyard very much. Marsha was very kind and helpfull. We were very comfortable while resting up from our wanderings around Arthur.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank DonFenton_MO
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2006

My mother and I stayed at this very nice B & B for the third year in a row, as we come to Arthur, IL annually for a week's worth of "cemetery visits" and time spent with family and old friends. What's more, ever since my wife and I discovered Marsha's Vineyard a few years ago, we make it a point to stay here every time we come to Arthur from central Ohio, so we're very familiar with Marsha, her establishment, its cleanliness and its "feel-right-at-home" atmosphere.

Our most recent visit was, as usual, a most pleasant one. Since we routinely stay in touch with Marsha, the owner, we were aware of the changes she'd made in the rooms and the amenities offered. There were no surprises, but rather, just another relaxing week in the comfort of our favorite B & B. Sadly, we had to end our stay four days prematurely, due to a death in our family, and Marsha couldn't have been more supportive, gracious or understanding as we dealt with the situation. Having known her for some time now, I must say that I wasn't at all surprised.

Bottom Line: Marsha's Vineyard is our B & B of choice. We stay nowhere else, and in point of fact, schedule our visits around the Vineyard's availability. My wife, mother and I highly recommend this establishment and its most hospitable owner to one and all.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arthur
BEST WESTERN PLUS Green Mill Village Hotel & Suites
Super 8 Tuscola
Super 8 Tuscola
#2 of 4 in Tuscola
3.5 of 5 stars 155 reviews

Been to Marsha's Vineyard Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!