New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport

Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Consistency is their best policy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

You get a really good price for a clean room, comfortable beds and pillows, and a decent bathroom. This has been consistent with all the other Red Roof Inns I've been staying in so far. Be sure to book directly with them via their website for the best pricing. I made a mistake of booking through one of those mass-hotel sites and ended up paying a little more than the discounted rates reflected on their own site.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My room was clean and the staff was very friendly. There was not a lot of noise so it was good for sleeping. However, when I signed up for the room the advertizement on the Red Roof Inn website said "Superior King Room Non-Smoking - our Best Room with Free WiFi, Micorwave and Refrigerator, Free Long Distance, Larger work area and in Room Coffee. " I am assuming by King Room they meant that it had a King Size bed in a normal room, because the room wasn't that much bigger than their normal room, the larger work area, means a longer desk stuffed into a corner with no light, and the in room coffee ... well hopefully all you want is one small cup of coffee at a time., because it is a small one cup coffee maker. It did have a frig and microwave that worked and the WiFi was tolerable, although I didn't try to watch movies or play games online while I was there.

I found the heat in the room a bit odd. The heating units are up near the ceiling and are bit discolored. I am not a scientist, but I thought heat rose so wouldn't you want you heat on the floor and not on the ceiling.

One other thing - the listing says O'Hare Airport - I think that just means they are the closest Red Roof Inn to the Airport because they are 8 miles from the airport. So if you are wanting or needing to be close to O'Hare Airport, keep that in mind. It is not just next door or just down the rood a bit.

Overall, my stay was very good and I would come back again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ground floor is good if you don't want to do steps but it is noiser if you others around you. I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I loved staying here, room was comfortable, clean and the Representative was so friendly. she has a natural report with people that is just as beautiful as she is. The was so comfortable that I actually got some restful sleep. The hotel was very close to a lot of restaurants and shopping mall and movie theaters.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ft. Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Maria made the whole experience wonderful, being my first time to the area, she was able to give me the inside scoop on the area and made my travels easier with her knowledge of the area. You know you can tell a kind sole by the way they treat strangers, well Maria is a very very kind sole and a great shining star for Red Roof Inn, I will be back because of her. The other Maria in housekeeping was also wonderful! You got me Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for the Big King Room....that is awesome...or just ask for Maria.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Streamwood, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The room itself was very pleasant. The Opportunities are: I needed an iron and instead of them sending one up or having one in the room, I was required to hike all the way to the front desk to get an iron. My room was pretty far from the front desk. They do not offer any type of breakfast at all. I didn't know how to turn on the heat so I called the front desk and instead of them explaining to me how to turn the heat on. They gave me a different room which resulted in me having to hike back to the front desk. When I got into the 2nd room the guy still couldn't tell me how to turn the heat on. Eventually I found the thermostat that is seperate from the air conditioner unit. The unit in the wall was only fan and AC. It was an unpleasant inconvenient stay. However, the room was clean and smelled clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Idaho Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

To be honest, the Red Roof Inn itself is really nice. Comfortable and quiet.
Though it is named as - O'Hare Airport, it is quite far away from the airport. You need to take the subway and the take a bus. You need to follow the schedule of the bus very strict and the last run of the bus is quite earlier before you want to be back. I missed once and it cost me about 30 bucks for the taxi. A better choice is to rent a car so the time and the place to go are relatively flexible.
BTW, if you want to use the public transit, you'd better search the chicago transit instead of using the google maps. Maybe the google maps becomes better now but at that time, it is not detailed enough. If you are planning to visit some landmarks, you'd better to try the Citypass which could save you a lot of time waiting for the entrances. Have a good time in Chicago!

Room Tip: Not to choose rooms facing the roads or near the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at Red roof inn In Arlington heights Illinois on several occations . I have always been more then happy with the way I am treated when I stay there. I am always happy with the rooms there. I will be staying at the Red roof in in O' hare area every time I am in that area. Thanks so much to the entire staff for all you have done to make me feel at ease with my visits to your area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right of the office re quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Arlington Heights hotels
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#2 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 351 reviews
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 59 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - A...
#1 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 513 reviews
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#7 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 308 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW - Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW -...
#5 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.5 of 5 stars 60 reviews
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 182 reviews

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport

Property: Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Address: 22 W Algonquin Rd, off I-90; exit at Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005-4402
Location: United States > Illinois > Arlington Heights
#1 Best Value Hotel in Arlington Heights
#4 Business Hotel in Arlington Heights
Hotel Class:2 star — Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport 2*
In a terrific suburban Chicago location, Red Roof Chicago-Arlington Heights/O’Hare is conveniently located off of I-90, just 2 miles from Woodfield Mall, 4 miles from Arlington Park Raceway, 6.8 miles from O’Hare Airport, 7 miles from Allstate Arena, 8 miles from Rosemont Arena, and near many restaurants and shops.
All rooms offer free WiFi and an in-room safe for a nominal fee. Selected rooms offer microwave and refrigerator - A nominal fee may apply; please inquire. Free coffeehouse-style coffee and tea. This location offers On Command Video with a selection of free TV channels, pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome.
... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Roof Hotel Arlington Heights