Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
  • Free Internet
Good 3.5/5
Elk Grove Hotel(Elk Grove Village)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskgas stationrecommend staying heregreat customer serviceparking lotroom was cleangreat pricegreat place to staygreat roomnice areatake careo'hare airporteasy accessmaurolamarchicagoroofs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I spent a week here in late June while attending a class in the area.

The front desk staff were very nice and friendly. However, they were unable to resolve a major issue I had and offered no suggestions.

I regularly stay at Red Roof Inns while on business and pleasure trips. The price and their ADA rooms are what keeps me coming back. This was the first Red Roof I have stayed at that did not have a refrigerator in the ADA room. I have medication that needs to be refigerated and this meant I had to constantly be getting fresh ice to keep it chilled. I called and asked for a refrigerator to be brought to the room but was told that was not possible and that the ADA rooms did not offer that feature.

The room was nice, and for the most part clean. The carpet is aging and stained and turns white socks black. The bed comfy and huge.

There seemed to be a lot of long term guests at this site and they tended to be up late sitting outside their rooms and made quite a bit of noise. Thankfully I was on the other side of the hotel and wasnt really disturbed by them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
redroof102gm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

I appreciate your comments. More importantly, my apologies for not able to resolve you medication refrigeration problem to your satisfaction. Our goal is to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience and want to return. Your feedback and that of others lets us know how well we are doing in meeting that goal.

I look forward to serving you better the next time you are in Chicago

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Yes, and that's both good and bad. The least expensive motel in the area, and it's not too bad. However, during my stay of several weeks (moving into the area), I had to put up with spotty service (never knew whether the bed would be made or towels changed or not) and strange characters staying long-term. Quality of the beds is iffy. Free internet service is spotty during the evening hours. Got used to my first room assignment of the week to be an unmade room--no comunication between housekeeping and desk. Do have to give kudos to Amber at the front desk, she tried very hard to help her customers.

So, if value and convenience are what you want, and you're willing to sacrifice some niceties, then this Red Roof Inn could be just for you.

Room Tip: Go for the King Leisure Suite. Microwave and larger fridge (with freezer) for only a few dollars more.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mtnsguy
redroof102gm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Chicago O'Hare Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for missing House Keeping services. But I am glad Amber was able to help you.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I are moving ourselves and my business from Austin to the Chicago area. Our days are filled with trying to find a suitable building to put my business with an attached apartment along with looking to establish business contacts. Upon my arrival I realised that I had left my wallet and prescription medications at another motel about 600 miles away. Here I am without my bank cards, ID, blood pressure pills, and pain medication. I can't begin to explain how difficult it's been trying to get any banking done OR replace my medication...during the last few weeks while trying to get my moving stuff done... The people working at the desk have been MUCH MORE than a little helpful and understanding during all this. Our room is clean, quiet and housekeeping is most efficient. I would wholeheartedly recommend this particular property to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
redroof102gm, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

This is a value for money hotel. Location is ok, you can take a Metra to go to downtown. Staff is great.. Overall a decent hotel

• Stayed: June 2012
redroof102gm, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Chicago O'Hare Airport Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. Hope we'll see you soon again.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The front desk staff were very nice and friendly. However, they turned out to be completely inaffective regarding noise complaints.

The room was nice, though the tub was old and stained. The bed comfy and huge. And they had Cartoon Network, so that was good.

The problem was my neighbors. I don't know if those people lived there or what, but on either side of me people were barbecuing right outside their door, and a huge party formed. A huge, loud party. With dogs. That went on until THREE IN THE MORNING.

I called and complained twice, would have been three times but once the front desk didn't answer. I would have kept complaining, but honestly I was a bit paranoid that they'd figure out it was me complaining (since I was the car with CA plates and the only one not at their shindig) and they'd do something to my car. In the end, I stuffed earplugs in my ears.

A motel, especially one that lets people live there, should really be more on the ball about noise. This is a motel right off the highway and a good spot for a lot of travelers to bed down for the night. It's impossible though to get sufficient sleep when the residents party in the parking lot and no one *makes* them stop. Three in the morning. Seriously.

Nice place, really. But if they keep letting people live there who disregard the needs of everyone else so they can drink beer and howl at the moon, or whatever, I will not be back.

Room Tip: Specify you do not want rooms next to long-term residents.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

We have taken corrective measures to prevent similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.