“Great Stay...We'll be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minnesota
“Great Stay...We'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

This was a great hotel in the Arlington Heights area...my husband and I will definately be back. The staff were very friendly and check in was fairly quick. We got the room we had reserved (2 double beds/non-smoking) and it was spacious and exactly what we had reserved. We were also able to check in early, which was so wonderful.

The hotel is very close to Mitsuwa Japanese Mall, which we really wanted to visit...totally worth going through if you have time! Woodfeild Mall, Ikea, an AMC movie theater and tons of restaurants are a quick 10 minute drive away.

While we stayed a the hotel, we used the business center to check emails. The business center was free to use, but you have to have your room key to get into it. My husband used the hottub and pool and thought they were nice (although he said the pool was just as hot as the hottub.)

This hotel is beautifully decorated and super clean...I've never seen a cleaner bathroom in a hotel before. The neutrogena shampoo, conditioner, face was, face lotion and body lotion were an unexpected suprise. I felt like we were the only people staying in the hotel as I never heard anyone walking in the halls or with their t.v.'s on in their rooms.

Thanks for a great stay Doubletree! We will be back!!!

• Liked — Great room with very comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kruskor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2007

I stay in the O'Hare area frequently for 2-3 days at a time, and usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express across the intersection from this Doubletree. The last trip, I wanted a hotel with on-site restaurant, as I was arriving late.

The Doubletree was quite good -- excellent shuttle service, surprisingly good room service dinner and even better breakfast, friendly staff, comfortable room... but the air conditioning/heating units apparently predate the otherwise first-rate renovation. It was too noisy, and the window in my room would not have opened. Given the nice weather at the time I was there, I would have preferred an open window and no HVAC.

If they upgrade the units, or enable open windows, I will certainly choose this hotel in the future.

• Liked — Staff, quality of food
  • Disliked — Noisy HVAC
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Peter R
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2006

WOW. I was told not to expect much from this property but booked it anyway due to the latest favorable reviews here. Not sure what condition the hotel was in it's 'before' transformation but they certainly got great results from the after EXCEPT for the heater/ AC. It is hooked up to a central thermostat however the unit is one of those old fashioned window types with the knobs and vents. It is VERY noisy AND LOUD. I was unable to sleep, therefore I had to heat up the room, then shut off the heater. Other than that, all was great as other reviews state. As for the shuttle, you need to call the hotel upon arrival, so keep their phone number handy. You exit the airport terminal and walk across the street to the FRONT of the Hilton hotel to the numbered BUS STOPS under the red awning. Then you take the ARLINGTON HEIGHTS DOUBLETREE bus NOT the Embassy Suites/Doubletree shuttle.
Of course I found all of this out by trial and error. When you arrive at the hotel, make your reservation on the shuttle back to the airport, because if it is full you will need to take a taxi. Shuttle service is not that frequent. Otherwise, rooms were very clean, US today in the AM, baths very modern, stocked with all sorts of Neutrogena products. They will even give you other common left behind amenities at request. They offer warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival. I am a Starwood fan, however, this Doubletree Hotel really did surprise me. Nice restaurant next door, I am told it used to be a Denny's but did not have time to eat there.

• Liked — Overall everything
  • Disliked — HEATER/AC, also not a good location for tourists but good for overnight/business airport hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — See comment about shuttle service
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank sfuji1
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2006

I recently stayed here for a friend's wedding, and the beds were so comfortable that I just had to write a review. I hadn't checked this website prior to the trip, so I was a bit shocked to read the older, bad reviews. The renovations must have been extreme, because everything was beautiful! The lobby is pretty and modern, the restaurant was very nice, and the breakfast buffet was huge! It even had brunch items like miso soup and sushi. The bar was smoking, so that was a problem, and the pool closed at 10:00 - but those were my only complaints. I like to treat myself with rooms at a Westin hotel, just for the beds - and the beds at the Doubletree were just as heavenly! The bedding is high-quality cotton, and everything is sparkling white (so you know that it is clean). There is a free shuttle to and from the airport - just be sure to call ahead and schedule a time. If you miss the shuttle, the cab company "All Star" has a $20 special rate to the hotel.

• Liked — The great beds
  • Disliked — The pool closes early
  • Tips/Secrets — call ahead to reserve a shuttle from the airport, or use All Star cab company
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mellochamp75
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2006

I stayed at this hotel when American Airlines skrewed up and caused me to be stuck in Chicago overnight. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are nice, newly remodeled, and clean. The bed was comfortable, too. And there was free internet. My only complaint is that the parking lot lights were just outside my window and they were BRIGHT. The blackout curtains didn't close all the way, so a lot of light got in. Also, this place is in the middle of nowhere, so you'd better have a rental car.

• Stayed June 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank renotrvlr
Birmingham, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2006

We recently spent two nights at the Doubletree while we were in the Chicago area for a family event. We liked the hotel very much and felt it was an excellent value. In particular, the hotel was spotlessly clean, with a lovely lobby, a well-stocked sundries/snack shop, and an efficient business center. The beds were unusually comfortable for a hotel chain, and we especially appreciated the high-end bedding and pillows. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though we were there on a weekend, the housekeeping crew was out early in the morning cleaning up after the wedding party which was there the night before. There were a few minor glitches: 1) The fitness center has equipment that needs to be updated; the bikes had seats which could not be adjusted, and the stepper was way out of calibration; 2) The hotel had told us by phone that we could have a rollaway bed in our room for our son, but when we got there they said the city of Arlington Heights would not allow it in a king bed room. We ended up switching to a room with two double beds, but we were not thrilled with that arrangement. Other than that, no complaints. The hotel is in an excellent location -- adjacent to several freeways and major streets, yet set far enough back that you don't get any street noise. We would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank tennismom710
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2006

We were here for 2 nights for a local event, didn't choose the hotel, and had low expectations, which were greatly exceeded. The hotel was newly renovated, and the public spaces (esp. pool and exercise room) were very nice. Our room was clean and comfortable. Internet access is wired, friends in another room couldn't get theirs to work, ours was fine. We didn't try the food, there are some decent restaurants nearby (though not walkable).

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank innominate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#2 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW - Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW -...
#7 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights? Share your experiences!