“Nice suite they have !”

GreenLeadersBronze level
CHICAGO
“Nice suite they have !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

ok, I have to confess if I didn't get upgrade to a suite as a gold member, I would give them 4 stars instead of 5. In general this is a very good property as a doubletree. I have stayed in this place multiple times before, decent rooms (certainly not dated in response to another poster's comment), tv with both Korean and Japanese channels, never once I experienced any internet problems, decent breakfast buffet (especially like they have rice and miso soup because of the area and Asiana's crew also staying here), seems like the restanuant have changed to a different crew, as in the past it was mostly men, and the service was lousy, now they have mostly women, service are more attentive (no I am not a sexist). This is my first time ever got upgraded to a suite as a gold member in any Doubletree (gold member since 2003) The suite I was given was one of the nicest I have ever seen in US properties, there is a hallway to the large living room, microwave, mini-fridge, and a sink, there are two doors access for the bathroom, one from the bedroom and one from the living room, bathrobe included as well, large bathroom similiar to those in Conrad, with separate tub and shower, even has a door to the toilet inside the bathroom. There is also a balcony connected to the bedroom with two beach type wooden chairs and a small table, the view from the balcony is facing I-90. Would love to get the same suite when I return next time !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ORDnHKG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here four nights while in Chicago for business. I stayed at this hotel last year and had an even better stay this year. Quite simply, this is one of the best all around biz hotels in terms of quality of room, price, breakfast and staff. My room was under $100, the breakfast was varied and good quality and the rooms were well appointed and super clean. The hotel restaurant serves solid food and reasonable prices which is another plus. My partner who travels as much as I do is in full agreement with me. Just a great hotel that I plan to come back to next year. Viva a good Double Tree and their cookies. Traveling is so nice when a hotel gets it spot on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank piddyman
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

My company also has a rate here. As a Diamond member, I always get a regular room, maybe because of our corporate rate.

The hotel is in a good location and the rooms are clean and well maintained. However, the rooms are old, the property is tired.

My biggest compliant is the internet NEVER WORKS right. NEVER. I've stayed here a lot and has never been reliable. NEVER. I could overlook the bad room location I get, and even the older property but the internet just is not reliable and that's unacceptable.

I don't even stay here anymore even though we get a good rate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CHIARDTAH, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty as a rewards member and for your candid review of us. We are sorry that internet access was a continual concern during your stays with us. We offer an 800 number specifically dedicated to assisting our guests with internet issues. However, since this is a consistent problem, we’ve touched base with both our provider and the customer service line to make sure that they are aware of the incident. Unreliable internet service is not acceptable and we appreciate you brining this to our attention. We’re making upgrades to the system to be sure this isn’t a problem in the future. Thank you for your comments.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I'm a regular business traveler to Chicago these days. First time at the Doubletree Arlington Heights. 30 minutes from my place of business, but in a good part of town and a nice hotel. Rooms are extremely clean, beds comfortable, decent selection of television channels, and a good restaurant attached (Birch River Grill). I spent my nights sitting in the restaurant, enjoying the good food, good bar, and free wifi. Hotel fitness center is well decorated, but they need to FIX THE EQUIPMENT. Nice swimming pool. Good wait staff. I recommend it for business travelers, especially if you like warm Chocolate Chip cookies on check-in!

2 Thank Magoo56
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Although this hotel advertises a courtesy airport shuttle, had to take a cab from the airport because they would not be coming for over an hour and a half. Tried to reserve a shuttle for the next morning, and they said they didn't have a time slot available in the morning either. I had to tried to call and make arrangements in advance, but they would not accept advance reservations. My costs were almost doubled by the charges for the transportation costs that should have been complimentary. The walls were thin and I could here every word in the room next door. Had to turn the TV on in the middle of the night to drown out the snoring on the other side of the wall and the traffic outside. Elevator was broken. Carpet in the hallways was old and worn. Vending machine was broken and store was closed. No mini-fridge in the room. The wireless internet did not work, and they offered to send a maintenance man to my room at 10:15 p.m. which I thought was ridiculous. Instead I called a help line to get it fixed. Breakfast was overpriced and not that good.

Positives: bed was comfortable. Granite bathroom vanities were a nice touch. Good toiletry products. Good cookies. Staff were all very pleasant as they were making their apologies for everything that was broken, or everything they were not going to do.

I travel a lot for business and leisure. I have come to expect when services are advertised that the management makes more of an effort to deliver on what they have promised to their customers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CHIARDTAH, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of our property. We are always looking for ways to improve our service. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our shuttle service. Our shuttle service is based upon availability and we try are best to accommodate everyone requests. Unfortunately, ORD does not allow our shuttles to stay at the bus and shuttle center due to security restraints so we can not prearrange pickups because of delayed flights or cancelations. On occasion, shuttle log does fill up quickly. Again, I apologize we were not able to accomodate your request at the time you preferred.

If you choose to stay with us again, please contact me direct and I will personally handle your request myself.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was in town for a meeting and stayed here for one night. Everything was great, from the easy check-in process (and the yummy cookie) to the clean and comfortable room to the free coffee in the lobby in the morning. The bed was out-of-this-world comfortable and the room and the hotel overall were clean and modern looking. The on-site bar/restaurant is quite nice too. Since the hotel is out in the burbs, not much else is easily accessible, but they did arrange for the hotel shuttle to take us down the street to a great restaurant called Cooper's Hawk which I also highly recommend if you go back. Overall, I had a great experience. This was my first time staying at a Double Tree and I would definitely come back.

1 Thank monika992
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill out a review online. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our shuttle service is subject to availability and does offer service within 5 miles of the hotel as well as trips to and from O'Hare International Airport. Again, thank you for stayin with us.
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Guest rooms are large as are the baths. I had difficulty with my tv which did not want to functional. Lots of meeting space and a good bar and restaurant area. 24 hour vending machine did not work. The guest next door snored. It only bothered me when I woke up in the middle of the night.

Great staff at front desk, bar and restaurant.

Very good restaurant that makes its own wine is a 2+block walk away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CHIARDTAH, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have just updated all of our rooms to 42" HDTV's. In addition to vending areas on each floor, the hotel offers a 24 Hour Grab and Go Marketplace called Cravings. Cravings is located next to the pool. We also offer a Gift Shop in the lobby that offers snacks.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to welcome you again the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#2 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#7 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW - Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW -...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
#1 of 29 in Schaumburg
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights? Share your experiences!