“Beautiful Movie Theater with Great Food & Drinks!”

Paragon Arlington Heights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Round Lake, Illinois
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“Beautiful Movie Theater with Great Food & Drinks!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I had just visited the Star Cinema in Arlington Heights at the end of August 2013, and it was amazing. Walking in you are greeted by extremely friendly staff, and a good sized lounge area with red chairs, and a mid-sized bar that serves a multitude of drinks.

Everything is extremely clean, too. From the bathrooms to the halls to the theatres themselves.

Each theatre has large white leather chairs (I could sit on them all day and never be uncomfortable -- they are great!), and a good sized table in front of you (within the table are menus, and order tickets), and there is a button on the end of the table that you press to get the servers attention. When it press the button, within approx. 1 minute, there is a friendly server coming to your table.

The food is excellent. We had ordered a couple popcorns, and an appetizer of Spicy BBQ wings -- they were cooked to perfection. Slightly crispy and completely moist. The portion is large for a very reasonable price.

All prices on drinks and main entrees are not too expensive, either.

I highly recommend coming to the Star Cinema -- you will never want to visit a normal, average movie theatre after doing so!

Visited August 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make it a Date Night!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After reading the reviews, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I went, but I had already purchased tickets through groupon, so My mind was already made up that I was going.
My son and I had date night, but can't wait to come again for adult night out with my husband.
I used mapquest to find the place, seeing I'm from the city(the only suggestion I have for the theatre is to place signs saying where exactly the movie theatre is) and almost missed it because its kinda hidden in a plaza styled setting
As I walked up to the ticket counter to redeem my tickets(I'm outside of the theatre) I noticed the place looks really dark, but then I walk in...low and behold, I'm standing in an epitome of a perfect date night out. There are pics of the walls of Marilyn Monroe and other stars. The place is immaculate. I went to the lady's room (I have a bathroom fetish), and it was totally up to my standards.
We walk into the room where the movie is showing, and I couldn't get over how beautiful the seats are.
Food: our Groupon included free popcorn, so we stuck to the popcorn, and ordered beverages. I am definitely looking forward to going back for a dinner & a movie date night with my husband as I hear the food is great. Also, a girl's night out would make me happy.
Great service from the staff.
By the way, I went to a 4:45 show on a Saturday. Without the groupon, per person would've been $8per ticket. Still not bad.

Visited August 2013