“Wonderful food...fantastic service!”

Nikko Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I am traveling for business by myself and looked for a sushi place nearby. I am beyond happy I found this place. When you walk in you are greeted by everyone in the place. I ordered the gyoza(steamed) and a special flaming roll. They started by bringing me edamame and a salad, that I didn't even order. When my food came, it was amazing. Then to top it off they brought me a little dessert of ice cream and bananas. I felt so welcome and will be going back every time I am in the area!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food was great but the wait for my lunch was too long. This restaurant has Sushi and other Japanese dishes.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I discovered this place with my mum quite a few years ago and though it is quite far from where we live, we try to go there at least a few times whenever I'm back in Chicago.

This is one of the best Japanese/Korean restaurants I've ever been at and some of the best sushi I've ever tasted.

The food is simply divine and the staff is very friendly! Though the prices seem average for a sushi restaurant, you always get some freebies along with your meal, making it quite affordable.

Also, it is located very close to the Mitsuwa Marketplace (a very large food/book/etc Japanese store), making it a perfect place to eat before or after you go shopping there!

If you like Japanese and/or Korean food this place is a must!!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was very impressed with the food AND the service. Most sushi restaurants are not very quick however when I told the waitress we needed to be done in 30 minutes she was right on it. Everyone in my family enjoyed their meal and we were out in 30 minutes. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was looking for a place to eat after renting a car and driving from O'Hare to my hotel. The first place I tried was closed, so searched for this place around the corner from the hotel. It is a Korean-Japanese restaurant and I ordered a few Sushi rolls. Staff was very friendly and I received several freebies on the house. Pretty tasty.