“Nice Surprise”
Review of Francesca's Tavola

Francesca's Tavola
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's Tavola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1/2 Block south of Northwest Highway
Transit: Just a five minute walk from the Arlington Heights Metro Station
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Chicken breast (M'Briaco) in fantastic and light white sauce with just a taste of 'sour' and proschutto was very enjoyable on Friday night at 6.30pm in Arlington Hts. Dinner mate also was smiling over a big bowl of something with pasta, but to be honest I was so focused on mine I don't recall what that entree was. Finished off splitting a Boston Cream pie that was a surprise - more ice cream than cream. Service was very good with a full room -- however the noise level kept the conversation sparse at our table.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was quite impressed with the decore when we walked in but it never got better beyond that. The service was average and not impressive.The food is so so , maybe like an upscale Olive Garden.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

First off, Francesca's Tavola is my favorite restaurant. Usually the food is phenomenal. Also, I am gluten-free. Just because I don't eat wheat products doesn't mean my food should be bland, And tasteless. I was truly disappointed last night. I had the penne with spinach and tomato, it was Not up to the high standards you usually expect at Francesca's. Our server was very kind when he offered to take it back to the kitchen and have them put more spices on it. It came back loaded with garlic. I've never had that much garlic in one dish. Could not eat it. Truly truly truly my worst ever experience at Francesca.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a great restaurant with a fabulous gluten free menu, service was excellent. We will return!!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We decided to try this for pre-theater when our first choice was booked. We've eaten at its sister restaurant Francesca's North in Northbrook a number of times and it's been good. This place? Not so much. The food was okay - the usual Francesca staples - large bowls of decently prepared, semi-bland pasta. The off-putting aspect of this place was the service - slow and obsequious. I neither need nor want my server to walk by my table, have her glance over at my entree and exclaim: "Ooh! That looks good!"

1  Thank NickK7501