“Great First Impression”
Review of Palm Court

Palm Court
Reserve with OpenTable
Palm Court is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Great First Impression”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

On a recommendation of a coworker and a Groupon, tried Palm Court for the first time last Friday. Arrived early, so had a drink at the bar. Well made Cosmo. Piano bar with nice music while waiting. Dinner in the dining room, pleasant setting, quiet to carry on conversation over dinner. Diverse menu. Prime rib was prepared to perfection. Good selections of wines. Gran Manier Creme Brulee was delicious. Definitely will go back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank empress5

South Haven, Michigan, United States
“Arrogent Management”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a 7:30pm reservation and had to "badger" a little to get seated by 8:30pm. Took other people ahead of our party. My Rack of Lamb was cold, waited 10 minutes for Mint Jelly, and my potatoes were cold as well. The presentation of the Rack of Lamb was poorly done. Paid $39.00 for this awful meal. The average age of the clientele was around 85 years old. Will never go back.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jacquelyn C
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
“Very good food and very good service!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Palm Court is excellent! We have been to Palm Court many times. Each time we have been very pleased. The Dover Sole is delicious! I order it with mashed sweet potatoes - they are so good. I also like the veal oscar with asparagus. Again instead of wild rice, I get mashed sweet pototoes. They decorate for the season - so if you are in the main dinning room, it is always decorated with lights or pumpkins or beautiful flowers. The bar area always has a paino player and it is a little darker for atmosphere. Try it you will not be disappointed. I suggest you make a reservation if it is on the weekend. John and Ann Marie Lundstrom

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ann Marie L
Chicago, Illinois
“The Palm Court is back”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have been here maybe five times in the past ten years. The first times were good, the previous couple of visits were so-so. I threw a surprise party for my wife here for about 50 guests at the end of November, 2012. I was hoping for decent banquet food and decent service. Instead, we had outstanding service and first-rate food. Pre-party, the staff worked with me on a menu that fit our budget. Choices were butt steak, white fish, chicken piccata (sp?), and pasta primavera. I cannot rate the pasta, but the other three were all cooked perfectly and very well-received by people at my table. Example: The butt steak was cooked exactly as ordered by my son's father-in-law. I was genuinely surprised at the quality of the food that was served. My guess is that there have been changes in the kitchen in the last couple of years. Both my wife and I noted a marked improvement from the last meal we had had at the restaurant, maybe two years ago. The service was another pleasant surprise. There was an 18% gratuity assessed. My take was that given the fact that the tip was already included, that the service was going to be, best-case, perfunctory. Instead, the staff was friendly, professional and genuinely interested in our guests. Example: It seemed that the two people working at the front desk had been put on notice of the fact that this was to be a surprise party for my wife. I found out later that the hostess had asked one of my sons for a description of me so that she would be ready for us when we arrived. The service at the Palm Court was markedly different from anything I have seen at a banquet facility. I thought it was much more like the service we receive at a well-run country club. Other notes: We brought our own wine, which was opened for a corkage fee. Without our asking, the wine that was not consumed was corked. The wine and the leftover appetizers were then packed and waiting for us on the way out the door. Last thing: We were given an estimate as to cost, and the bill came in about 15% less than the estimate. Maybe our guests weren't drinking as much as we had anticipated, maybe bringing our own wine made a diffference, maybe more people went for the chicken than went for the steak, but the bill was another nice surprise.
I read some of the other reviews and can only comment on what I observed. The Palm Court is back on my list of restaurants in Arlington Heights which I will look forward to returning to when I am planning to go out to dinner with family or with friends.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Abbie711
Naples, Florida
“Lost its touch”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Reports were that this place had returned to its former prominence. The dining last night was far from that. Begining and ending with a waitress with an attitude the evening was less than worth the wait and the money. A salad with drowned dressing.. should have ordered on the side. The nut crusted halibut turned out to be frozen not fresh. We did not check ahead about fresh v.frozen we merely expected differently. No complaints about the steak. Prepared and served to order. Wanted to drink the red wine with the steak. Ordered, waited, asked again and finally came without so much as an apology. Disappointed and won't return.

• Visited November 2012