“getting old”

La Tasca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This has been a good Tapas place for years but everything, including the menu has been the same as it has been for over 10 years. It is expensive but a fun experience. Just add some new and different selections.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were invited for a rehearsal dinner for a wedding. This place is fun. We had the full tapas meal with refills of sangria. I can't remember most of the dishes. The best was potato salad. I do not like octopus. Of course there are lots of things in between that were good. Sensible thing -- speech time the music was turned off.

3  Thank Peter S
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had a family dinner at La Tasca. Easy to find, park and the indoor looks fine. We are not picky but we had a poor experience here with the food we ordered. We had 4 cold tapas that were average. Nothing fancy. The issue was about the hot tapas. Our pulp was way too grilled, shrimp were very fishy and more than well done, and the chorizo was not chorizo but more like smoke sausage. We also ask for wine glasses of Cabernet but we got a wine tasting like sangria. One great stuff was by far the scallops in bechamel sauce. This one was great. Our 2 desserts (chocolate cake in Cointreau and home made vanilla ice cream with platanes) we're average too. So, again, we know other tapas places in Chicago and will visit them next time.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went one evening after attending a wine tasting-so we weren't up for drinking more although the sangria sounded good! Another couple, my husband and I shared several small dishes. I especially liked the eggplant dish and fish dishes. A friend had the veggie platter with a nice selection and my husband and friend shared calamari that they raved over. We'd love to go back again!

1  Thank RobinR699
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Excellent tapas choices. Love the patatas bravas, bacon wrapped dates, shrimp, and pork tenderloin tapas. I also love their paella. Had a party there and got to taste much of the menu - yum! Great atmosphere; right across from the Metra station so it's a great meeting place for friends in the Northwest Suburbs. Their food is quite authentic. I was in Barcelonaand Cataluna last year, and quite frankly, La Tasca food and drink is better than anything I had in Spain....except for the cava! It's fun to go with a large group and sample more tapas.

3  Thank dkm57