“I gave it a few tries”

La Tasca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“I gave it a few tries”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This seems to be a favorite tapas place around here but I honestly don't get it. The service is great and the restaurant is beautiful. The paella was average and stingy on the meat/seafood. It's expensive too. Maybe that sums it up: the dishes don't live up to the price tag. Enjoyed the other tapas place in town much, much more.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank MamaE3

Delray Beach
“Great food, service not so great.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I like the food, very tasty and good size servings even though it is tapas. Our server was terrible. She talked very fast, acted arrogant like she was too good for us. Some of the other servers that brought our food seemed very nice. But our server ruined the evening. Too bad-the food was very good.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Karen C
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Much better the second time”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I remember coming here about 5 years ago and our meal then was marred by a raucous group of women. This time, we arrived around 5:00 PM on a Saturday night and were seated in a back room, that was empty at first but filled up as the evening progressed. The service was excellent and the food was very good - as with all tapas places, we liked some dishes better than others. We skipped the paella (about $30 for 2) since you can get 3 different tapas for that price. We were not economizing but it is fairly easy to run up a $100 bill for two (we had 2 drinks, 2 soups, 4 tapas, 2 desserts and 2 cappuccinos).

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dedgehog
everywhere
“Great Experience”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Now this was my second time visiting this restaurant...The first time was a business dinner in Oxford, UK...this time was with friends....and the experience was really different..both times were great...but there was live music, the table was only a 4-top so it was easy to see all the dishes...there was olives and cheeses and seafoods and roasted veg.... All very generous portions and the wait staff was very nice and attentive.
The pitcher of sangria was really delicious as well.

I did notice another table getting the paella and that's definitely on my list for my third visit....

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Shreemaan
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stopped in here on a Monday around 5pm so it was slower than what I've seen on the weekends but there were other diners there. This was our first time trying tapas and our waiter took the time to explain the meals and the ordering. We took our time and enjoyed every selection. Our favorite was the scallop dish. I still think about it and can't wait to go back for more! We loved the portions and enjoyed trying lots of small things rather than one overwhelming dish. The atmosphere was enjoyable. The prices were reasonable. Not sure I could get used to wine in little "jelly" glasses but I suppose that's authentic. We will definitely return. It was great. I recommend it highly!

• Visited June 2013