“Neighborhood Find”

Dolce Bakery and Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Small space great food. This was my first time ordering from Dolce. We ordered take out and it took less then 15 minutes. The food was fresh and flavorful. I had the Chicken Parmigiana. The sauce was great without overpowering the food. My wife had the Chicken Marsala, and it was moist and had a great flavor. We both had the Mushroom Soup, and found it very good. The pasta was aldente, just the way it is supposed to be. The only thing I would say, that since the bread is so good, we could have used more of it.

The prices were very good and the portions more then adequate.
It was a great spot for take out, now we have to try eating there.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in mid afternoon, felt bad because both chef and server were eating but they immediately put me at ease and were happy to help. I ordered the portabello ravioli. Awesome. Great marinara sauce, loved the garlic roll and cream of chx soup that came w it. Very good food and super friendly service. Bought some chocolate macaroons to go...delicious. will def be back!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a little family owned caffe, super cute inside and out. Fresh homemade Italian dishes, very original paninis and soups made from scratch. The owner is friendly and wants to know everyones name! I felt like I was eating at a family members house. The service was great, as were the delicious desserts we took home. The cannolis are outstanding and the price is super reasonable! So far it is the little secret of the neighborhood!! But I have a feeling not for long!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This newcomer to Arlington Heights is a third restaurant by the owners of Maria's in Highwood, IL. They have Italian bakery items, fresh bread, cannolis filled fresh when requested. They also have Italian entrees, soups and sandwiches for lunch, dinner or catering. You can eat at the cafe or take it to go. They make their own sausage and it is wonderful - great flavor and lean. The owners are very friendly and welcoming - that plus the good food keep us going back time after time. We just had Italian sausage and peppers on crusty bread for dinner and am looking forward to the cookies we brought home for dessert. Also, a great place if you have to bring dessert or a dish to someone's house for a party.