“It Doesn't Get Any Better!”

Mr. Allison's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“It Doesn't Get Any Better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in the Chicago area. The food, portions, and quality is right up there! Plus the servers are spot on. Great variety and prices that can't be beat. Everyone is friendly and they always try to please.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank THELUCKYONE033

Chicago,Illinois
“Just a Diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Large portions, but a burned omelette flipped over so I would not see the burn,
not a good way to do business. It would hve been better to tell me it would be delayed a bit and make a new one.

• Visited November 2013
Chicago
“Wow What a Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

If you love ham this is the place to go. When you order ham and eggs or a ham and cheese omelet you won't be disappointed. The best breakfast ham anywhere. The portions are huge and it is enough to make two meals. Great casual place to go to. Don't expect white table cloth meal, expect good food and plenty of it. On the weekends expect to wait. Service is always good.

Visited November 2013
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“I have, literally, driven past this place for 25 years. Am I glad I finally stopped!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Oh boy! If there ever was a case for "don't judge a book by its cover" this is it! There is nothing special about the restaurant. In fact, not much has changed since it was first opened. And that is a good thing. If you like ham this is ham heaven! I love ham. I bake lots hams every year. But this ham is special. It's fluffy. And delicious! I didn't imagine that I would like my ham fluffy but I do! Believe it or not there is an extensive list of ham dishes. Try the omelet. It is one of the more unique omelets around. It is crepe-like....also something I didn't know I would like but I do!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MamaE3
“If you like HAM, you must go here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

While visiting the area, we were looking for a good place to go for breakfast. After checking Tripadvisor and Yelp, we decided on Mr. Allison's. OMG You will NOT leave here hungry.

They have a pretty typical menu, but the portions are HUGE. I had three eggs over medium (nope, I didn't see an option for the usual two eggs), home fries, and ham (probably the best breakfast ham I've ever had).

What can I say about eggs....and I am not a huge fan of home fries, but if you are a ham lover, you should check this place out. We were on our way to the airport so we had to leave our leftovers behind, but most people were leaving with to go bags.

Service was VERY friendly. Prices were decent.

• Visited July 2013