“I have, literally, driven past this place for 25 years. Am I glad I finally stopped!!”

Mr. Allison's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Oh boy! If there ever was a case for "don't judge a book by its cover" this is it! There is nothing special about the restaurant. In fact, not much has changed since it was first opened. And that is a good thing. If you like ham this is ham heaven! I love ham. I bake lots hams every year. But this ham is special. It's fluffy. And delicious! I didn't imagine that I would like my ham fluffy but I do! Believe it or not there is an extensive list of ham dishes. Try the omelet. It is one of the more unique omelets around. It is crepe-like....also something I didn't know I would like but I do!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MamaE3

“If you like HAM, you must go here.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

While visiting the area, we were looking for a good place to go for breakfast. After checking Tripadvisor and Yelp, we decided on Mr. Allison's. OMG You will NOT leave here hungry.

They have a pretty typical menu, but the portions are HUGE. I had three eggs over medium (nope, I didn't see an option for the usual two eggs), home fries, and ham (probably the best breakfast ham I've ever had).

What can I say about eggs....and I am not a huge fan of home fries, but if you are a ham lover, you should check this place out. We were on our way to the airport so we had to leave our leftovers behind, but most people were leaving with to go bags.

Service was VERY friendly. Prices were decent.

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We are always looking for non-chain restaurants and enjoyed the breakfast here as well as the great service. The kids enjoyed the silver dollar pancakes and ham!

Visited March 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Ham Heaven”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My insurance guy took me to Mr Allison's to pump me for leads. After eating all I could of my ham and eggs - - which was about half the ham (with plenty left for a nice ham dinner for two), I not only gave him everyone I know - - but started making-up names! The ham and the portions are out of this world. My system can only handle it about once a month, but I regularly see professional eaters in there. I suppose I should ask them where else they eat!! It's in a little strip mall that I had gone past for years without knowing the magic inside. Getting anything other than something with ham would be borderline criminal. TA is asking for one date I was there, so just know the one listed is the most recent of about twenty-five visits.

• Visited January 2013
Algonquin, Illinois
“Holy crap...that's a breakfast”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went in there to meet someone. The place could use some help on the decor but the food...holy crap! The portion sizes are huge. I ordered my food and within 5 minutes it was ready. I had the Denver Omlet, it was giant. It had huge chunks of homemade ham (this is what they are famous for) and a generous portion of hash browns. Prices are very reasonable (and I stress reasonable).

• Visited November 2012