“Excellent place”
Review of La Roca Tapas - CLOSED

La Roca Tapas
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: This restaurant is new to Arlington Heights.
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a Groupon for this place so we thought we would give it a try. I should mention I am a big fan of La Tasca which is just around the corner.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and variety on the menu. It was a delicious neal, and I definitely plan to return.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

With the signage laws in Arlington Heights and the low key attitude of La Roca it's easy to miss this place and that is a mistake. Like I said they are low key and seem to be understaffed but they work to keep you happy and boy were we happy. Having only been to 2 other tapas bars I must think that La Roca is to Tapas what "Rustic" is to American cuisine. It's fresh, it's tasty and unpretentious. They seem to be a family operation and seem a little overwhelmed at times but they never quit on us. They kept coming back, bringing us more food ( I could have kept ordering and ordering but our friends got full) and taking the emptys away. You want arrogant you can find it at the other places. We just thought La Roca is still working to find their "legs" Their food is definitely worth giving this place a try. By the way, the little trio house band was fantastic. They can really play. La Roca is a true neighborhood gem.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Like most tapas restaurants the portions are small. They have a good selection but I think it was over priced. For two of us it cost $50 before tip for 5 tapas items and one alcohol beverage. I don't think I will be returning.

1  Thank Heather E
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The idea of tapas sounds good, but by the time you order all your little dishes, the bill racks up! Good place if you're not too hungry.

1  Thank whereswaldonow
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Was surprised how unfriendly and arrogant the staff could be! Starting from refusing to call the manager, - waitress said he was "busy", while there were only 2 tables served, and continuing into "not remembering" their names. It's not a service, it's a shock!

4  Thank Alex F