“Always Very Good”

Cuisines: American
Chicago,Illinois
“Always Very Good”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Ellys is a nice comfortable place to go for breakfast or lunch. I am a repeat customer because I have had a very good meal each time that I have been there.

• Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois, USA
“Elly's Pancake House”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great breakfast and lunch spot. Prices are average and the food is good. Only negative is that on the weekends waiting to be seated can be a little on the long side. But it beats going to Ihop or Denny's. I recommend it, stop by if you are in the area.

Visited November 2013
Springboro, Ohio
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

All the food we ordered, from the pancakes to the soup, seemed mediocre as though from a box or can. The service was slow and half of what we ordered was only warm. There are much better options when dining in the Chicago area.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We wandered in here and were delighted. The food was really good and portions were ample. My husband enjoyed his burger (and he's pretty picky about his food) and my salad was fresh, delicious and well prepped. Everything in it was chopped up so well that I didn't have to cut anything up into smaller pieces, or have to put a large bite in my mouth and look odd having to chew it. The rolls were not plain but different kinds (onion or seeded) and very tasty with good butter. The ambience was...typical Chicago neighborhood restaurant. Not fancy, but clean and well maintained. The number of patrons indicated that it is a neighborhood favorite. Service was friendly but uneven. I had to flag someone down to order my beverage, but my husband appreciated the roving pots of coffee.

• Visited July 2013
Milwaukee, WI
“Elk Grove Location”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We actually visted the Elk Grove location on Devon Ave. but I'm going to guess that these are al pretty much the same.

We had breakfast at around 10 am on Saturday. The place was crowded but not packed. All of the food was really good. One notable item: both things we ordered were described as coming with 2 eggs. They arrived with 4 eggs each. When we asked the waitress she said it was because they had to use large instead of jumbo eggs so they doubled the amount on each plate. That is really altogether too many eggs for the normal person, but it was nice to see that restaurant cared enough to generously adjust their portions and not just try and get away with something.

Service was OK. Our waitress disappeared after our entrees arrived and we ended up waiting a really, really, really long time to get containers for our leftovers and our bill. We waited even after we asked another server to find ours. Altogether is was about 40 min. Not a big deal, but if we would have needed to be somewhere it would have been a problem.

• Visited March 2013