“Basic Stay, Good Value”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
DES MOINES
“Basic Stay, Good Value”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Good bed. Basic hotel with lots of pluses. Parking included and close. Microwave and small fridge were useful. Maid service was very good Paper by the door. Front desk was helpful. Reviews of breakfast were way overblown, though, bc it's nothing special. Over-all, I would recommend this hotel to someone who wants a good nights rest without over-paying, Other guests were respectful. Didn't notice any kids aroundl it was over-all nice and quiet the week we were there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend and it was full. The room was a nice size and clean. We didn't use the business center, fitness room or pool but were told they are open 24 hours/day.

I don't like breakfast food and especially hate the garbage that most hotels call breakfast. This hotel has a great selection. Staff cooks made to order eggs with your choice of sausage or bacon. Plus you can make your own waffle. They also have bagels, cereal, wheat and white bread, English muffins, juices, coffee, whole fruit, etc... The hours are 6am - 9:30am and the later you go the more crowded on weekends.

Staff was very friendly. Be nice to the person cooking your eggs as they clean rooms after breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here recently while visiting the Chicago area for work. It's a well-maintained, clean hotel with an attentive staff, a good breakfast each morning and quite a reasonable rate. Even with taxes and fees, I paid less than $100 a night. Worth it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This place was great! Spacious and spotless room, friendly office staff and an amazing breakfast were the big highlights of my stay there. The morning we were there, an employee was frying the eggs on a grill according to people's individual tastes by the breakfast counter. Wow! We will definitely stay there again. The hotel location was also easy access to the freeway and not far from the airport.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor near the end.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I went here a couple years back, and it was a great hotel. I remember waking up in the mornings, so excited about going down for the breakfast. It was excellent, by the way! I loved the hot tub, and work out room! Also did my parents.
One of the four nights that we stayed there, we had some of our family from the suburbs come in. We stayed in the lobby for a while, and played games! We also ordered pizza!
When we asked the staff if we could have our family over, they were so nice about it! And yes was surely the answer!
All together, my stay was fantastic! And it is very much recommended to anyone staying in the great city of Chicago! :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at the Wingate Arlington Hts for 4 nights in April 2012. Fantastic experience from the front desk to the wonderful breakfast and top notch housekeeping. My room had 2 beds and a "sitting area" which turned out to be so much more spacious than I thought it would be. It was one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. The breakfast was very good, I had made to order eggs with a choice of bacon or sausage. The location of this hotel is so convenient to the highway if you want to go to Chicago, yet a perfect central location in the northwest suburbs. Next time I visit back home I will bring my husband & kids to stay there. So Very Impressed!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank diane k
Bangalore
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at wingate by wyndham Arlington Hts from Sept11 to Dec11..I must tell you this is an amazing place to stay..it can be for any purpose..business trip or holiday..Rooms are very good..breakfast is rich...staff(Greg,Raj,Ash,Lina,Sonam) is very friendly and helpful...Manager guides you on places to visit..Airport Pik up n drop facility is available..shopping n restaurants are near by...i really enjoyed my stay here..and i highly recommend you to choose this hotel..if you visit chicago...Trust me..this is the best place to stay...I'm gonna stay there again on my next visit...
Thank you so much Greg and the entire staff of wingate!

Regards