“A good beef sandwich plus more” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Johnnie's Beef

Johnnie's Beef
Cuisines: Fast Food, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: great italian beef and awesome italian ice
Chicago, Illinois
“A good beef sandwich plus more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Johnnies is my daughters favorite places to go for a really good Italian Beef. The line moves quick and the food is always good. But the best reason to go to Johnnies is for the Italian Ice, they give you a nice big cup for a fair price and it is great. Two flavors lemon and watermelon, I always get the lemon. Get the large its much bigger for only a little more money and you will be happy you did.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Very rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

No knives to cut your food and the staff was so rude they refused to cut my sandwich or provide a knife so I can cut it myshelf.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ralph20142
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good but far from best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Each time I return to Chicago Italian Beef is a must. My wife and I stopped by Johnnies to get our Beef fix. I lived in Chicago for many years and have had many beef sandwiches including Johnnies on North. Johnnies has never had the biggest sandwiches but the flavor has always been quite good. This meal at Johnnies just did not quite live up to memory. Overall the Beef was a bit on the dry side. The Sandwich was not dipped which I always thought was standard. Bread was also so so. A bit rubbery. Fries were not very good at all. They were more like grocery store frozen variety. Do not get me wrong it is still a very good Beef sandwich. I would be happy to return if in the area. Johnnies on Arlington just would not be my first choice as a destination for Italian Beef.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Toddb62
“Great Italian Beef & Hotdogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stopped here for the required Italian Beef (a "do not miss" on a trip to the Chicago area). Very tasty sandwiches for me and the hubby. Grand-daughter had a hotdog, very good also.

We would definitely return if in the area.

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Beef the way it should be done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Superb customer service and the best beef in the land... One of the owner/partners was there taking orders and demonstrated w/ ease exactly what customer service should be... We will be back for sure. Thanks Jonnie's Beef!

Visited June 2014