“Best Mexican Restaurant in Northwest Suburbs”
Review of Mago Grill

Mago Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mago Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vail Ave. and Campbell St.
Transit: Just 1 1/2 blocks South of the Metra Northwest Line, Arlington Heights station.
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Best Mexican Restaurant in Northwest Suburbs”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

There are lots of choices for Mexican restaurants in the area, but this is the best. I've enjoyed their food for years (they had been at a location a block away and moved). Great moles, guac served tableside, etc. Last time I was there I had a cheese steak rollup thing, and it was very good. Service is extremely friendly too, even at peak times. I highly recommend making a reservation (opentable). Easy parking too, lots of free parking around the AH streets or in the garage around the corner.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank fuzzykiwi48

Chicago, Illinois
“What is all the hype about?”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Ok, so I am hoping that on a weeknight, this place is much more than I experienced it to be today. I went for Sunday lunch after hearing great reviews from friends. The chips and salsa they bring to the table is awesome. But that was truly the highlight of my lunch. Tilapia fish tacos were unusually fishy and the slaw they put on top does not work well with the fish. Shrimp tacos were good, taco salad was good but by the time it made it to the table, the bottom of the shell was completely soggy. Enchiladas salsa verde was the only dish that went over at our table without complaints. Our waitor was slow to take our order but quick to refill drinks, chips, and salsa. Needless to say, I won't say this place is bad and I expect they are much better on a weeknight, but for what I experienced, it was a solid average. Nothing for me to really come back for, especially with Salsa 17 right down the street.

1 Thank NewbieK
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Guacamole ole”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Walked in on a Saturday night at 6:30 and waited 30 minutes for a table which was great because this place was full. The chips and the salsa trio were very good. We ordered the guacamole made table side, perfectly made. I had the chile rellano marisco, very good. My wife had the flat iron steak with the mole sauce which was good. She took half of it home and said it was even better as a leftover. The service is the best part, these people are very efficient. They fly all over the place. Our server Eduardo was very cool and had great suggestions. This place is small, tight and loud, but I can't wait for them to open the one in south barrington, which is closer to my home.

• Visited January 2013
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States
“Great service, Excellent food!!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went with my friend tonight. Never been here before, but Jaime our server was extremely knowledgeable and gave great advice for food and drinks.. I would definitely come back to Mago for the great service and excellent food!!

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, IL
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I ate here on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was surprisingly full for 8:30pm on a weeknight. We had the assorted empanadas that were good and then we split the skirt steak with mole. We couldn't decide which mole to choose so our server brought us a sample of all five kinds and we were able to choose. They were all very good. I really enjoyed the whole meal.

• Visited November 2012