“OMG - what a fabulous restaurant!”
Review of Mago Grill

Mago Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mago Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vail Ave. and Campbell St.
Transit: Just 1 1/2 blocks South of the Metra Northwest Line, Arlington Heights station.
Chicago, Illinois
“OMG - what a fabulous restaurant!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

You must order the guacamole. Everything here is excellent. We were delightfully surprised to find this level of quality in a suburban restaurant. Felt like we were eating in Chicago or NYC.

• Visited September 2012

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You're missing out if you've never been!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was there when they first opened and one time after. All I can say is that I love Mexican food and this is by far my favorite place! I live in the city and there are plenty of restaurants to chose from, but this place always pops into my head when I think of places I would like to go. I have also been in the restaurant service for 6 years as a server/bartender, and I hunt for places that "Have it all!" The ambiance is fantastic, the service was outstanding and perfectly timed, and the food is out of this world. My friend just moved to Arlington Heights, I've already recommended it to her and we are planning a girls night, so I'll be making my 3rd trip there. So excited!
Job well done!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Gina B
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Gourmet Mexican”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great Guacamole made fresh at your table. Have eaten here several times and is one of our favorites. Food is delicious and so is the Sangria!

Visited April 2012
Glenview, Illinois
“Food very good, not excellent”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Friendly, inobtrusive service. Ambience was lively but not noisy. Reasonable prices for quality. Had pork medallions in one of the 5 mole sauces. It was good, but quite simple. I've had better mole dishes. Sampled a friends, quesadilla--filled with fresh herbs and vegetables in addition to cheese. That was actually more noteworthy than the mole. Chips good, salsas more interesting than delicious. I'd rather have a chunkier salsa laden with vegetables than a watery concoction.

• Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Loud Enough to Give You a Headache, but the Food is Great!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We wished we could have eaten outdoors, because - like so many trendy new restaurants - the interior of Mago Grill is very noisy. That aside, we enjoyed the wide variety of flavors expressed in the choice of moles and salsas available to brighten up the wide range of entre choices. Drinks were especially good. If you order the delicious table-side prepared guacamole, ask the preparer to go easy on the salt!

• Visited July 2012