“Pumpkin Patch 2013”

Best Western Plus Green Mill Village Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Arcola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was a good hotel to stay at in the Arthur, Illinois area!! We went to visit the Great Pumpkin Patch and needed a place for our entire family. (In total, 25 people aged 5 to 70.) Nice pool. Really nice king suites!! Good breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tammy F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Green Mill Village Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your family. I'm hoping to have a Fall Harvest package in place by next year, that include tickets to the Pumpkin Patch as well as dinner for your family, so please check with us! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This location AND their staff are Elite. Wished we could have stayed longer. Can't say enough about this place. Everything was perfect or the staff would make it perfect. Good caring people and place to stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for a wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and our staff. The Best Western commercials say that "you stay with people who care", and at our hotel, you truly do! We have a unique staff who enjoy working with our guests. We're so happy that you chose our hotel and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

On our yearly trip north all of our regular hotels were booked and we had to go a bit father north before stopping. I found this Best Western and assumed it would be decent enough. BOY, was I wrong! This location was wonderful! We got the internet price, so we paid less than most hotels. When we walked in everything was clean and we weer greeted with cookies! (my daughters were sold) The property was spotless. The rooms were large and comfortable. Everyone was friendly and breakfast was good. All in all, there is nothing bad to say about this property and even though it is a little farther than we travel in a day, we will be back.

Room Tip: Book ahead online, save $10
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Tammy F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Green Mill Village Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thanks for your wonderful review. We're sorry to hear that your regular hotels were booked up. However, it worked out well because we got to see new faces and meet new people, and you seem to have enjoyed your stay. We're very fortunate to have a great staff that takes pride in keeping our hotel nice and clean, and we all love meeting new people. We're so happy to hear that you'll be back, even though you have to drive a bit further. We promise to have coffee and a comfortable bed ready for you, after your long drive. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here for the first time just recently. This has to be the very nicest Best Western I have ever seen. I was told that all of the furniture in the rooms was hand made by local Amish Craftsman - and it shows. I asked to find out where they bought it from so I could get prices on it for my house. Staff was great and the rooms were amazing. Without a donut one of the nicest places in all of Central Illinois!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a review. We've had many guests tell us that is the nicest Best Western they've ever seen and we NEVER get tired of hearing it. We are very proud to have local Amish made furniture, and we're glad you liked it. It's all custom made, so if you're shopping for your home, will have one of a kind furniture that will last for generations! Again, thanks for your review, and we hope you'll stop in again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This property totally exceeded my expectations in every way. We were nearby at Eastern Illinois in Charleston for family weekend and I was initially dismayed that we couldn't find a hotel closer but that concern was allayed once we checked in here. My checkin process was probably the speediest I've ever encountered, took maybe 4 minutes total. It was super clean and well decorated. The room was spacious and well appointed. The wifi speed is good and the breakfast provided a good variety of options (the coffee was excellent). I plan to stay here any time I have cause for an overnight visit to EIU and I suggested my uncle book a block of rooms NOW for graduation as I think this is the best option available. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking time to write us a review. We seem to be having quite a few guests who have children attending EIU, and we're very excited you all are staying with us. We're glad to hear that you were happy, even though you had to drive a little out your way. We're even happier to hear that you'll be returning. We love seeing new people come in, and we love it even more when new faces start to become familiar faces!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were traveling back to Wisconsin from Florida, moving our parents back home. Wonderful place to stay, while it is still pretty new I think this place will always stay clean and fresh. The man at the front desk was wonderful and very helpful, the beds were so comfortable I didn't want to wake up. Breakfast was excellent!

I love the shole inside of the building with the Amish built furniture and the rooms have a warm feeling with the paint colors on the wall. I would stay here again even if I had to drive a longer distance as it is well worth it.

Room Tip: I dont' think you could find a bad room, the whole facility is wonderful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. I'm sure you don't make the trip from Wisconsin from Florida often, but if you come through again, we'd love to have you back! Thanks for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in late July specifically based off the reviews on TripAdvisor. Our family is in Charleston so there was a drive back and forth but definitely worth it!

The room was immaculate and nicely decorated. The breakfast was excellent. There was plenty of variety for everyone. Plus the food was fresh tasting, hot and when anything was low it was immediately refilled. The seating area was very clean as well.

My only compliant is the lighting from the road to the parking lot. There isn't much and it's not paved well. Otherwise when visiting family, we will stay in Arcola again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your review. We're happy that you made the drive over from Charleston. I apologize that the area is still a bit dark. Our parking lot is well lit, but I agree that the highway and the turn off road could be better lit, on the way in. Since Green Mill Village is a new development, it is still "under construction". The hotel and assisted living facility are just the beginning of the Green Mill Village, and I really think once a couple more of the buildings start to go up, the lighting will improve. For now, we are adding some reflective signs on the highway and some reflective markers down the entry road to help guide people to the parking lot. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcola
Holiday Inn Express Tuscola
#2 of 2 in Charleston
Hampton Inn Mattoon
Hampton Inn Mattoon
#1 of 9 in Mattoon

Been to Best Western Plus Green Mill Village Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!