“Mediocre food”

Grass Lake Landing
Ranked #41 of 76 Restaurants in Antioch
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I stopped here for lunch. We both ordered a full slab of baby back ribs which was recommended by our server. It came with two sides. The salad was good as was the dressing. The ribs were just ok; average at best. The onion rings were very greasy and soggy. The broccoli was cold and mushy. We both wanted a baked potato but they did not have any available. We sat on their outside patio, which was nice and relaxing. Grass Lake Landing appears to attract a bar crowd. We see no reason to come back here for food, as there are many better places in the area that serves much better food.

There are newer reviews for Grass Lake Landing

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had been here twice before. Once by land and once by sea. Today we came by boat. There is a channel directly East of Blarney Island. Food is typical for the area…sandwiches, burgers, pizza… All in our party enjoyed their meal..The Reck burger, rueben, chicken sandwich, BTL warp - all got high praises. The onion rings got VERY high praises. The deck could use a fresh coat of paint but overall the absence was very nice. The inside was rustic but not dated. Service was very good. Other friends have recommended as well.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This place turned out to be much better than expected. The food was quick, priced nicely and was somewhat original. The waffle cut fries are outstanding and the onion rings are worth going back for more.

The atmosphere is strictly "bar" and as a result my table rocked back and forth throughout the meal. Annoying to be sure. Most tables has something under one of the legs to keep them stable, but not mine.

But hey, that is a minor thing. If you're looking for good food at a good value, you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

After going to Grass Lake Landing with boater friends in the past I was very excited to go again this morning for breakfast. Unfortunately it appears it had new owners. Out of 5 people's orders only one was good. But then again who could screw up pancakes. My eggs benedict was served with halved sausage links rather than canadian bacon. All of our hashbrowns were completely burnt. My husbands plate wasn't brought out until the rest of us were finished eating; and what they brought out wasn't even what he ordered. My egg was slimmy. It felt as if they made each drink and each plate one at a time. After asking for a manager we were told she was busy in the kitchen. If it happened to be that the cook didn't show up then some of the many many servers should've been put in the kitchen. WORST MEAL EVER! And we had to pay almost $50 for it! We will never go back.

2  Thank emma s
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I ate here several years ago when the restaurant had different owners. The environment both inside and outside have remained the same - perhaps a few more TV screens scattered about the room.

Our server was very friendly and was initially attentive to our needs. We placed our orders, which included dinner salads. My entree was the meat loaf, my wife had the shrimp scampi. When we ordered there were only two other couples seated inside, but the large outside deck was at least 50% full.

We were surprised when our salads didn't arrive shortly after we placed our order. We waited and then I had to summon another server, and questioned her about our dinner salads. A few minutes later, our server brought our salads. However, before we were half way finished, she brought our entrees. She apologized for forgetting about the salads.

While we were seated, a party of 20+ people came into the restaurant. They had pre-ordered appetizers and pizza. Now, we realized why our server forgot our salads, since she was preparing for the large group.

My meat load was good-tasting and the quantity was huge. I would have preferred it to be more spicy, but some pepper helped out. My wife's scampi was just OK. The taste and portion size was good, but some of the pasta was clumpy.

On the Sunday we went they had a Mini-Pitcher special (32oz - domestic) for $4.00.

We arrived by car on this visit, but I would definitely stop here by boat for lunch or dinner.