“Not impressed”

Description: Rts. 173 & 83
Pekin, Illinois
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Not real impressed if anything average at best. For the price I would rather not order at the counter like fast food. The only service is the person that brings you chips and your meal when it is ready. You even have to get your own drink. I did like the salsa bar it did have a nice variety from mild to spicy. I had the cowboy chimichanga and the portion was quite large but mostly refried beans and tortilla very little vegetables and meat. The plate did also come with a side of refried beans and rice. The food was pretty bland I was hoping for the best since the presentation overall was good. It would have also been nice to have a variety of hot sauces instead of Tabasco only. Even though it seemed like a lot of regulars in the restaurant I likely not try this place again I have had a lot better.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dragons30

Illinois USA
“Used to Be Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Before Jake's sister bought him out, this was one of our favorite restaurants! Unfortunately, she raised prices and is skimping on ingredients (Burrito Mas Grande's used to have guacamole in them and now don't, and the ground beef filling has potato chunks in it to save on using beef). What a shame! The homemade sauces in the help-yourself bar are still great, but we don't visit as often as we used to...

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank occams-razor
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Good Mexican food. Consistent food and service. We will go back again.
I really like the guacamole and the burritos.

Visited July 2013
Round Lake, Illinois
“Authentic Mexican food at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food is great - probably one of my favorites in the area. Everything tastes home made. Good service, reasonable prices. The restaurant is clean. The food comes fast, even when they're busy. A must try for anyone who enjoys Mexican cuisine.

Visited July 2013
North of Chicago, IL
“Yummy Food everytime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We eat at Grande Jakes at least 1-2 times a month, and we know people that eat here every week. The food is awesome and a very good value. Free chips and salsa while you wait for the food. And the keep your chip basket full s we love that! I do not like spicy food while my husband does and there is something for everyone. Highly recommend this place! I always get steak tacos, my husband gets burritos.

• Visited June 2013