“Owners dont care if you get sick from their establishment”
Review of 45 North Restaurant - CLOSED

45 North Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: When we imagined building a restaurant, we wanted to create something unique, contemporary and nostalgic to capture the essence of the area. Steve Gunderson, owner and builder of 45 North, truly wanted to build something that would evoke the region’s history of farming and incredible barns. Thanks to Henry Gunderson, Steve’s great grandfather and a barn builder who’s barns are still standing today, we were able to top our building with cupolas from a barn he built in the early 1900s – an exciting and distinct nod to local history and our family’s heritage. Our food will be created with heart and soul in our 'from-scratch' kitchen. From artisan cheeses, local meats, enticing desserts and seasonal produce - we will use locally grown products whenever possible to give our customer's something delicious and fresh. In addition to fine dining, we will also have a fully stocked bar. A fun and welcoming place to gather and meet with friends; our bar will be a conversation piece in itself. Dining is an experience to be shared with others – which is why we are striving to achieve a comfortable and friendly atmosphere where everyone feels relaxed and enjoys themselves.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If I could give it 0 stars I would. We went to have a late lunch today. I have been before and we have always felt comfortable eating there....but today they really screwed up. I understand mistakes happen but when the OWNER of the business doesn't care, I have a problem.
I have celiac disease. The first time we went we were guaranteed there was no problem with making things to order that don't contain gluten. They even gave me suggestions and we have never had a problem.
Today I ordered what I usually order. French onion soup with no croutons and salad with no croutons. Our salad came and mine had a rotten cucumber on it. No biggie, pushed it to the side and ate my salad. My soup came and bite never four I had a CROUTON! We let the waitress know promptly and she was very apologetic and went to talk with the manager in back. The waitress came back and said she took care of the bill. She asked if I would be ok and I said no, I will be sick for the next week or so. She asked us to hold on while she went to speak to the owner. The owner was standing out the back and we had a clear view. The waitress was talking to the owner and telling her about the problem and we saw the owner shrug her shoulders and go back to chatting with the others outside. The waitress came back inside and said she told the owner. Mrs. Gunderson, the owner, never came inside to speak with me and for her to just shrug her shoulders is even worse!!!!! I would NOT recommend this establishment.....if something goes wrong, THE OWNER WON'T CARE!

5  Thank farout72

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times now. The food is very good. The services stinks. The waitress takes forever to come to the table when you first sit down. After the food is brought out she never came back to see if we needed anything. The only reason she came back was to drop off the check so she could go home.

2  Thank karen a
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Love-best bloody ever. The mac and cheese is divine! Real cheese-many toppings and sauces! And the American gothic martini is cinnamon goodness! Love this place!!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a new restaurant in a new building - the landscaping is nice and the interior is pretty - but the barn like ceiling heights make both the dining room and bar area very loud. The menu is creative - but not well executed, and as noted - the service is very, very slow. The servers we've had have been friendly - and I think the delay is in the kitchen - not with the servers. Even if you sit at the bar and eat - the food comes out slowly. The bloody mary bar is wonderful (a little pricey) - but otherwise - there isn't much that would bring you back to this restaurant.

1  Thank FitzFamilyBrockport
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Went there not knowing anything about the place. Very nice looking place inside and out. Service there was really a problem . The server was very nice but not good waited along time for any service . Food was ok but wouldn't go out of my way to go there. Would give it another chance since its a newer place hope for the best.

1  Thank Grobs3