“Very nice dishes for reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of David's Bistro

David's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Antioch
Cuisines: French, American, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: WELCOME TO DAVID'S BISTRO My name is David Maish. I am a trained chef and I love to cook great food. Several years ago, I realized that Antioch, Illinois needed a special place – a gathering place for dear friends; a meeting location for business associates to have an important meeting or a peaceful, favorite spot where a couple can say nice things to one another. I wanted to create a special place for great people like you. I spent weeks wondering what I should name my place. All the good French names were taken. Then I thought about “The Un-fast Food Restaurant that isn’t Part of a Food Chain with a 20 Page Menu Where Everything tastes the same.” The sign painter quit. Then my wife said, “Why not call it David’s Bistro?” I married a genius! David’s Bistro is casual, friendly, fun and kind of serious all at the same time. Serious, doesn’t mean stuffy! Serious means that my passion is food. I write about food, I teach cooking classes, I absolutely love to cook for my guests. Oh sure, every so often I’ll break out in a song, show you one of my paintings or crack a dumb joke, but I can get absolutely teary-eyed over an heirloom tomato, a beautiful cut of meat or a spectacular piece of chocolate. David’s Bistro is about all of the good things in life.
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Very nice dishes for reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had not been to David's for over a year but returned there for lunch last month. I once again had a great eating experience! I ordered a scallop dish that was presented beautifully with a rich, creamy sauce and great grilled veggies. My lunchmate ordered a cute scallop bacon dish presented in a martini glass (actually an appetizer). She was also very pleased with her lunch. The prices aren't cheap but certainly fair for the size of the meals and the quality.

• Visited April 2014

Chicago
“Always good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food is always good here! Love the appetizers especially the Tuna Tartar in a martini glass and David's Bistro Sampler! Love the salads, scallops, etc. never had a bad meal here!

• Visited March 2014
Illinois
“Great place to have a quiet dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I went recently with a friend to chat. We had an amazing glass of wine and a fabulous dinner. I love the filet, it is placed on a mouth watering mound of garlic mashed potatoes and the presentation is very nice. The bread is warm and fresh and the soup is always very tasty. The staff has always been friendly and do not rush you at all. The atmosphere was relaxing and quiet, the only thing I would say is that unless your child can sit quietly I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a family dinner. I had a great evening with a dear friend and will be back soon!

• Visited January 2014
beecher
“Love at first bite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great food,Great service,Great prices what more could a person ask for?? The drinks and appetizers were just as good as our meals....Very nice and helpful staff...we will be back for sure!

• Visited February 2014
Ingleside
“David's Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a wonderful place to eat with outstanding service. Their lunch/dinner menu choices offer variety and are served with wonderful presentation. I have gone to David's for both lunch and dinner and have never been disappointed (6 visits in 2013).

High recommendation - Great place to bring your date or impress your friends and/or family.

Visited December 2013