“David's Bistro in Antioch, IL”
Review of David's Bistro

David's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Antioch
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO DAVID'S BISTRO My name is David Maish. I am a trained chef and I love to cook great food. Several years ago, I realized that Antioch, Illinois needed a special place – a gathering place for dear friends; a meeting location for business associates to have an important meeting or a peaceful, favorite spot where a couple can say nice things to one another. I wanted to create a special place for great people like you. I spent weeks wondering what I should name my place. All the good French names were taken. Then I thought about “The Un-fast Food Restaurant that isn’t Part of a Food Chain with a 20 Page Menu Where Everything tastes the same.” The sign painter quit. Then my wife said, “Why not call it David’s Bistro?” I married a genius! David’s Bistro is casual, friendly, fun and kind of serious all at the same time. Serious, doesn’t mean stuffy! Serious means that my passion is food. I write about food, I teach cooking classes, I absolutely love to cook for my guests. Oh sure, every so often I’ll break out in a song, show you one of my paintings or crack a dumb joke, but I can get absolutely teary-eyed over an heirloom tomato, a beautiful cut of meat or a spectacular piece of chocolate. David’s Bistro is about all of the good things in life.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having been spoiled by 20 years in Naperville, and working 5+ years in Wheeling, what a delight to stumble across David's Bistro shortly after we move up north. We have now visited 5 or 6 times, and have always enjoyed our evenings here. Dave wanders the dining room constantly, treating guests like old friends/family. The menu is extraordinary...not exotic, but certainly eclectic. I am not a fan of sweet dishes, so I avoid the mango chutneys/purees, honey dishes, pecans and apples & the like (so I'm a Phillisitne...shoot me), but the menu still has enough wonderful variety that I have have always found something extraordinary to please my palate. We're now on a fixed & limited income, but visits to David's never broke the bank, the staff has always been charming, gracious & attentive.

The starters are fantastic, and several could easily beome entrees, depending on your appetite. As for entrees, I have to struggle not to get the scallops every time I go there, although I recenly enjoyed the mixed grill. My favorite side is the 'Maished potatoes' and my drink is the 'Maish martini.' (David Maish is the owner.) They also have wonderful little ham hocks they call pork drums, that melt off the bone. My birthday is coming up in1 1/2 weeks, and I hope to be back there again for that.

2  Thank Dan C

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I met up at David's last week. It wasn't too busy and the staff was very friendly. I had my 4 year old with me too. Service was great, my son had the corn dogs with a side of corn. The portion was very small of the corn dogs and the corn was not good at all. The price was a little high for what he got. It did include a sundae but no drink. I had the Ravioli and it was fantastic. The salad was also very good. My friend requires a gluten free meal which they were able to easily provide and she was very pleased. Overall it was a great experience, I would just like the children's menu reviewed a bit. I am sure we will return soon.

1  Thank travelingwithkids13
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to David's Bistro early on a Saturday evening with another couple and were seated right away. I had the Sweet Potato soup which was delicious. Our friend got the other soup (which slips my mind) and said it was equally delicious. We had a variety of food and everyone was very much pleased with their choice. I got the pork tenderloin, which was serviced atop of mashed potatoes and was grilled with a light sauce on it. Very flavorful. My husband selected the Diablo seafood pasta with scallops, shrimp and mussels and almost licked his plate. My friend selected the London Broil and raved over it and her husband enjoyed a good ribeye steak. Since we were celebrating the men's birthdays, we were surprised with delicious desserts - chocolate cake and a delicious apple/brie dish. The prices are reasonable given the food was all very good. The restaurant has two store fronts and we sat in the back and were quite comfortable. I would definitely go back for a special occasion.

1  Thank alamb53
Reviewed February 19, 2013

WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!! My partner and I where in town for the weekend to see a friends show. Not having any idea where to eat, I found David's Bistro on Yelp and we decided to go. After waiting a minutes for a table, we decided to have dinner at the bar. From the bartender to all the servers who had to come up and get their drinks, everyone provided EXCELLENT customer service. The food was FANTASTIC and the bottle of wine we had was awesome. We will be recommending this place to everyone we know. Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not a place for the young crowd, but if you like great food, upscale, but still fun, this is the place. We eat there at least 2 times a month. Yes, it can be a little pricey, so if you want cheap, go to McDonalds.

1  Thank Bill B