“Great Food, Friendly Service”
Review of David's Bistro

David's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Antioch
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO DAVID'S BISTRO My name is David Maish. I am a trained chef and I love to cook great food. Several years ago, I realized that Antioch, Illinois needed a special place – a gathering place for dear friends; a meeting location for business associates to have an important meeting or a peaceful, favorite spot where a couple can say nice things to one another. I wanted to create a special place for great people like you. I spent weeks wondering what I should name my place. All the good French names were taken. Then I thought about “The Un-fast Food Restaurant that isn’t Part of a Food Chain with a 20 Page Menu Where Everything tastes the same.” The sign painter quit. Then my wife said, “Why not call it David’s Bistro?” I married a genius! David’s Bistro is casual, friendly, fun and kind of serious all at the same time. Serious, doesn’t mean stuffy! Serious means that my passion is food. I write about food, I teach cooking classes, I absolutely love to cook for my guests. Oh sure, every so often I’ll break out in a song, show you one of my paintings or crack a dumb joke, but I can get absolutely teary-eyed over an heirloom tomato, a beautiful cut of meat or a spectacular piece of chocolate. David’s Bistro is about all of the good things in life.
Lake County, Illinois
“Great Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a dinner called Swimming Pizza made with scallops and shrimp. It was fantastic! The service was great too! Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited November 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is always a great place to eat and one of my go to spots to take friends. They always very accomidating. For example, my sister-in-law is vegan and they will take many items on the menu and tweak them for her. They will also "whip up" a vegan dish that is not even on the menu.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sue K
Grayslake, Illinois
“A good place for an special occasion or just for the evening”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

David's Bistro offers food from gourmet pizza to steak and lobster combo. So it is for everyone stop by before going to the LMP theater or as a couple or a group. The food is very good for this location and the wait staff is extremely polite and efficient. Very interesting specials, wine by the glass and hands on owner makes this a pleasant visit. Some great fish and pasta choices on the menu!

• Visited August 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The far north east corner of Illinois is known for its burger, brat and beer restaurants so to open up David's Bistro's menu and see frois gras with marinated peaches as an appetizer was certainly a welcome surprise. And that's just one of the limited but excellent choices on the menu. Then to see that everything was priced below $15, well I was suspicious. Could the food live up to the menu at these prices? I was pleasantly surprised when it did. Great ingredients, excellent sauces and spot on preparation. Excellent staff as well.

• Visited August 2012
“Always quality food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Food is always good. Service is amazing. Try the appetizer for two. It is so good!

• Visited June 2012