“A good place for an special occasion or just for the evening”
Review of David's Bistro

David's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 75 Restaurants in Antioch
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO DAVID'S BISTRO My name is David Maish. I am a trained chef and I love to cook great food. Several years ago, I realized that Antioch, Illinois needed a special place – a gathering place for dear friends; a meeting location for business associates to have an important meeting or a peaceful, favorite spot where a couple can say nice things to one another. I wanted to create a special place for great people like you. I spent weeks wondering what I should name my place. All the good French names were taken. Then I thought about “The Un-fast Food Restaurant that isn’t Part of a Food Chain with a 20 Page Menu Where Everything tastes the same.” The sign painter quit. Then my wife said, “Why not call it David’s Bistro?” I married a genius! David’s Bistro is casual, friendly, fun and kind of serious all at the same time. Serious, doesn’t mean stuffy! Serious means that my passion is food. I write about food, I teach cooking classes, I absolutely love to cook for my guests. Oh sure, every so often I’ll break out in a song, show you one of my paintings or crack a dumb joke, but I can get absolutely teary-eyed over an heirloom tomato, a beautiful cut of meat or a spectacular piece of chocolate. David’s Bistro is about all of the good things in life.
Grayslake, Illinois
“A good place for an special occasion or just for the evening”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

David's Bistro offers food from gourmet pizza to steak and lobster combo. So it is for everyone stop by before going to the LMP theater or as a couple or a group. The food is very good for this location and the wait staff is extremely polite and efficient. Very interesting specials, wine by the glass and hands on owner makes this a pleasant visit. Some great fish and pasta choices on the menu!

• Visited August 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The far north east corner of Illinois is known for its burger, brat and beer restaurants so to open up David's Bistro's menu and see frois gras with marinated peaches as an appetizer was certainly a welcome surprise. And that's just one of the limited but excellent choices on the menu. Then to see that everything was priced below $15, well I was suspicious. Could the food live up to the menu at these prices? I was pleasantly surprised when it did. Great ingredients, excellent sauces and spot on preparation. Excellent staff as well.

• Visited August 2012
“Always quality food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Food is always good. Service is amazing. Try the appetizer for two. It is so good!

• Visited June 2012
CHICAGO
“Excellent entree's, skip the Easter/Mother's Day buffets”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've eaten at this restaurant approximately 10 times. The food is excellent, amazing soups and sauces, attentive/hands-on owner, and very good wait staff. I will definitely be returning. I have brought family and friends and they were never disappointed.
Here are the negatives: very crowded, a little pricey (dinner + 1 glass of wine =$35) and lastly I will not return for the buffets. The Easter buffet was very limited and when the owner was working at the ham carving station he ate a small piece of ham with his fingers. That grossed me out. Maybe it doesn't bother others?

• Visited April 2012
Grayslake, Illinois
“A nice surprise in Antioch IL”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

David's Bistro is on the main drag in Antioch IL - a easy place to miss if you aren't looking for it. I suggest you take the time to look. The menu is well rounded with beef, pork, fish and they offered a venison special the night we were there. The combo plate of shrimp, petite filet and pork shanks was delicious - although I would prefer grilled shrimp instead of breaded and deep fried. The sweet potato chips and vegtables sides were excellent. Our other entree was the grilled salmon - and it was way overcooked - which left it dry and flaky. This is where the restaurant really shined. Our server acknowledged the problem, and offered another piece of salmon or a replacement entree immediately. We opted for a beef replacement - and it was brought very quickly with sincere apologies. Neither dish showed up on the final bill - even though we would not have minded it at all. We left feeling very good about our experience - even after the akward task of bringing up a complaint about the food. We are not really that picky - but if something is way overcooked - the kitchen showed know about it. They also have a nice wine list, and judging by the tables around us - a choice of decadent desserts. Search it out and give it a try - it is worth the trip,

• Visited January 2012