“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Davie School Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anna
Davie School Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Anna B&B and Inns
Orland Hills, IL
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Nice large room perfect for my 2 daughters, my wife and I. Comfy beds, nice whirlpool bath, and they kept the chalkboards and some of the school books to keep the feel of the school. Then, of course, there are the AWESOME breakfasts. Strawberry creeps, homemade french toast. An altogether great experience!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

LOVED the Davie School Inn. We were on a 10 day, 3221 mile bike trip from AL up through Canada and back with 3 other couples. Our last night was at the Davie School Inn on the way back home. It was my favorite place of all the great places where we stayed. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your hospitality and especially for that FABULOUS breakfast! We talked about how accommodating you were, Gary. We only had to ride 486 miles today to get back home - LOL! It was worth it. Hopefully we can come again soon. I can't stop singing your praises! I'm also glad that I found you on FB. My husband, Dan, and I were booked for the red room and it was unbelievable, But when we arrived, we found that all 4 couples could stay on the top floor if we wanted to move to the orange room, so we did. It was fabulous, too. You thought of everything! The nice soaps, shampoos, thick luxurious towels, snacks.....I could go on and on! Oh! Did I mention all the electrical outlets? There are usually never enough in hotels or other B and B's for phone chargers, laptops, etc. And, the lighting in the room? Wonderful! Lighting is usually a problem, too. Always so dim and hard to see to do what you need to do. But, not at the Davie School Inn! Neither us, nor the 3 other couples had even one minor complaint or inconvenience. Gary was so accommodating to serve us an early (and delicious!) breakfast so that we could get an early start and he also served it on our floor right outside our rooms so that we all could eat together. We had the best time "visiting" with each other in our huge rooms and just hanging out. I just hate that we only had one night there! Hope to come back soon. 486 miles from our home in Alabama? Not a problem when the accommodations are as nice and the innkeeper as kind as the Davie School Inn. LOVED our stay! Thanks again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Deborah J
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Two of my friends and I stayed in the brown room on the 2nd floor for 3 nights recently. Wonderful room - huge! Two king beds, two sinks to share in one bathroom - great idea with 3 gals in the room! Gary was incredibly helpful with maps/directions, and suggestions for things to do. Breakfast was great too - such a nice touch to bring it straight to the room. My only complaint is the small shower in this room. I mean, I showered, but it was a tight squeeze. You can survive it for a short time though.

I definitely recommend and would be happy to stay here again if I visit the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
BetterWay2Stay, Owner at Davie School Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thanks for your review!! We are so happy you had a great time! We just replaced the Full Size bed for the Tempur Pedic King making the Suite have 2 King beds. If you decide to come back again our Pink Suite has a large shower with 2 shower heads. The Suite has a King bed and a New sleeper sofa with a Queen Sealy bed, larger kitchenette, lager TV and all for the same price as the Brown Suite without all the stairs.
Thanks so much and come see us again,
Gary
Owensville, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

The room was large & comfy and nicely decorated. Breakfast was fantastic and well worth the additional price. Wi-fi reception was great from our room (router located right by our room). The small touches were greatly appreciated including signature soaps, large container of juice, very comfortable robes,......I used the tub twice. I would rate it a five except for the room location in the front with large windows right by the sidewalk and road noise. You have to have the drapes closed all the time if you have the pink room. The Inn is nicely located to walk to a few restaurants. There is more road noise then you would think on the back street. The train noise is there but by the second night, we slept through it. Any of my complaints may not be a problem to someone else that isn't noise sensitive. The innkeeper is pleasant and makes you feel right at home.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
BetterWay2Stay, Owner at Davie School Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed the your stay. You know we use to live in that Suite. This Suite is different than all the others with the large kitchenett and 2 headed shower. The Suite has Classroom Windows and I bet no other Inn has windows like them. :) It is okay to open the curtains if you want I made them myself out of Quilts and Gary put together the rods. Many guest try a different Suite every time they stay to find their favorite. I do not get to meet everyone that stays, but Gary says you were a joy to have here. Thank you again Andrea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I can't rave enough about the Davie School Inn! I am most impressed by the personal attention to details about my stay. Gary, the Innkeeper, gave great suggestions for meals, wineries, and scenery. The rooms are always clean and neat. I have visited this Inn 10+ times, and I will continue to return to this amazing place!

• Stayed April 2012
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

The Davie School Inn was all that I was promised. Many of my friends have been and loved it so I decided to try it myself. I was not dissapointed! The breakfast was to die for. It is worth the trip!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

The Davie School Inn was one of the best bed and breakfasts we have stayed in yet. It was originally an old elementary school and revamped quite beautifully! The owner Gary was very informative on things to do in the area. The rooms were spotless and very cute and cozy. The beds and pillows are so soft and comfortable. I know the suite we stayed in particularly was very spacious and had a jet tub. All the rooms have their own private baths. The next morning you will get one of the most delicious breakfasts around. We were so well pleased that we are considering coming back this summer! This place was well worth the price and then some. I will include a few pics below of how cute the room was decorated as well!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Red suite but I am sure they are all just as excellent!