All reviews chocolate bar breakfast in bed my husband and i gourmet breakfast wedding anniversary whirlpool tub get away attention to detail step back in time lavender bath salts wonderful experience turn of the century b bs great hosts butler's pantry romantic getaway period pieces
Reviewed December 11, 2018

My wife and I loved the property. With all of the antiques and specific historical details, it adds a glimpse of what the super affluent lived in during the 19th and early 20th centuries, while giving us, as a couple, a moment of romance. A chandelier and a jetted tub in our bathroom, a fireplace close to our bed, and various chocolates in the lower level give this b & b high marks. The nightcap was an unexpected perk, while the breakfast in our room was delicious!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BeallMansion, Owner at Beall Mansion An Elegant Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review and thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to enjoy couple time at The BEALL MANSION. Relationships and marriages would be so much better if more couples did so.

Looking forward to your next romantic getaway at The BEALL.

Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

I loved my stay at the Beall Mansion. Walking through the doors was like stepping back in time to the Gilded Age. Though you’re well within proximity to restaurants & outside attractions, the house itself provides a very private, tranquil respite for its guests, which I definitely appreciated. Owners Jim & Sandy have not overlooked a single detail in their ownership or management. The rooms & common areas have been very tastefully restored. They both encouraged my wandering around to admire all of the lovely antiques. I felt incredibly welcome & enjoyed every chance I had to speak with them.

The bed I slept in was so comfortable. I truly returned home recharged after my stay, which is what I was after. The 24 hour hot beverage station and chocolate bar were the cherry on top for me. Who could say no to a piping hot cup of tea, a piece of chocolate, and a good night’s sleep in a Gilded Age mansion? I will definitely be going back.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
BeallMansion, Owner at Beall Mansion An Elegant Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Thank you so very much for your 5 star review.

Your comment - Who could say no to a piping hot cup of tea, a piece of chocolate, and a good night’s sleep in a Gilded Age mansion? - says it all.

Looking forward to your next stay . . .

Reviewed November 22, 2018

My husband and I have stayed at the Beall Mansion twice now, and it's been a wonderful experience each time. The home is beautiful and is decorated with gorgeous, authentic antique pieces. We've stayed in both a 'queen' and 'king' size room, and both have been very comfortable and, again, beautifully-decorated with period pieces. Our favorite part of the queen room from our most recent stay was the fact that it had a private, walk-out veranda attached to the room.

Jim and Sandy, the owners, are very friendly and accommodating. They want to be sure your stay is perfect. We enjoyed the continental breakfast. While we're glad there was a gourmet breakfast option available to us, we preferred a light breakfast as we had a lot of running around to do. And even though it was self-serve, there were a ton of options available - yogurt, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, as well as orange juice, Silk + regular milk, coffee, tea, and apple cider. What more could you ask for?!

One of my favorite things about staying here? The chocolate bar which is available during all hours of your stay! :)

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BeallMansion, Owner at Beall Mansion An Elegant Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review. It is truly appreciated.

And don't forget that Winter Eagle Watching is coming up soon with the best viewing typically between Christmas and the end of February.

Looking forward to your next visit . . .

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a quick getaway from our hectic life to spend some quiet time with my wife as a surprise for our anniversary. Beall Mansion is wonderful gem that truly fit the bill. Jim and Sandy are very proud of their establishment and made us feel welcome and at ease. The restored mansion accomodations are great and we enjoyed our brief time there and intend to return. Took advantage of driving around Alton the was Wanted a romantic get away for my wife and myself at the last minute. We had a tough year due to a family tragedy and were really focused on us in the last year. JIM and Sandy not only next day to see the heritage. We recommend Beall Mansion as a great stay!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review.

The BEALL MANSION is the St. Louis area place for honeymoons, anniversaries, or a romantic getaway any time you need to reconnect. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Looking forward to your next getaway . . .

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Wanted a romantic get away for my wife and myself at the last minute. We had a tough year due to a family tragedy and were really focused on us in the last year. JIM and Sandy not only accommodated me at the last minute to surprise my wife but went above and beyond to make sure sure she felt special and completely comfortable. I can not say enough nice things about the Beall Mansion B&B and Jim and Sandy. I highly recommend staying there to reconnect and or a relaxing romantic time.

Johnny and Eva Murray

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BeallMansion, Owner at Beall Mansion An Elegant Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Thank you so very much for your 5 star review. The mansion built as a wedding gift, The BEALL MANSION, is the perfect place for couples time.

We appreciate the opportunity to accommodate and look forward to your next stay.