“Friendly hosts and a wonderful place to stay”

BEALL MANSION An Elegant Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Alton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Louis
“Friendly hosts and a wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Beall. Our hosts Jim and and Sandy went out of their way to make sure our stay was exceptional. We stayed in the Senator Beal king suite. I think this is the best room there, as it has a fantastic bathroom that is huge with a good size heart shaped whirlpool. The bed and bedding were top notch and very comfortable. I loved having our breakfast brought to our room. Our meal was very good and it came with some surprising extras like a breakfast dessert wine with your dessert..yes..dessert breakfast! I was a frequent visitor to the area where they keep all the chocolates..a great B&B.

Room Tip: I would choose 1 of the 2 king rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne_F547

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Beautiful home with spacious and comfortable rooms. Loved that we could walk the house and grounds and explore the history. Very clean and comfortable. Chocolate bar was a yummy treat and the gourmet breakfast in bed was well worth it!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melissa j
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I shared our 14th wedding anniversary at the most beautiful, luxurious and accomodating bed and breakfast we have ever been to!
What I enjoyed the very most was the history behind the Beall Mansion and the history in Alton,
IL.
I believe every couple needs to get away for each other and experience something that makes you feel over blessed! We definitely want to return to the Alton area very soon and visit the Beall Mansion as our second home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I decided to renew our wedding vows, we had everything else in place for the date, venue,cake, dress, suit, reception, all except where to stay for the. "Mini-honeymoon". I told her, "SURPRISE ME", I must say she truly did!!!! When you arrive, you are greeted at the door like a movie star, then transported through time, t England,India,China,Africa,Greece, and Persia. Jim Belotte, although he runs the Befalls Mansion B&B, he truly is an avid historian. The lush & plush gardens surrounding the mansion will rival the "Missouri Botanical Garden", I must say, I was truly surprised,and emphatically pleased!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DARIUSSR
Reviewed July 27, 2013

When you decide to stay at the Beall Mansion, be prepared to be catapulted into a time of elegance and old fashioned hospitality. My husband and I decided to renew our wedding vows and stay here to celebrate. Upon our arrival, we were captivated by the smell of the fragrant flowers, the sight of the plush garden and the sound of the lovely trees gently swaying in the cool wind. We felt like royalty walking into the mansion. Everything is so nealty organized. There is a definate Victorian atmosphere: from the powder room, to the fireplace, enormous sliding oak doors that separate the rooms on the main level. Everywhere we turned, there was original marble, oak, and intricate rugs from all different parts of the world. The owners were very friendly, and knowledgable of the history of the mansion as well as the deep and rich stories about the beautiful artifacts (paintings, porcelin dolls, statues, clocks, furniture). There is also a 24 hour chocolate bar which was heaven on earth filled with milk and dark chocolates. The beds are super soft and the whirlpool was ultra relaxing. There was classical music playing upon entry into our room. HDTV and wi fi is also available. There are also choices of self-service breakfast or another breakfast plan to cater to your needs. An assortment of free trade teas, coffees are always available. I can not say enough positive things about this place as I could write a mini novel about it. This was truly by far THE best bed and breakfast! We will be returning in the future. Thank you Mr. Mrs. Belote!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DanielKD77
Archbold, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

On our way back from St. Louis, we stopped here mostly because it was at the top of the list on our GPS. But when we arrived at the mansion we were rather overwhelmed by our surroundings. The value was excellent, and our hosts were genial. The 24 hour chocolate bar was my favorite feature of our stay, and the architecture and furnishings of the house were quite luxurious. I was impressed by how elegant the accommodations were for the price; it turned out to be a great choice for an overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simon T
Mechanicsburg, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend our mini-honeymoon at the Beall Mansion in Alton, IL. We couldn't have chosen a better place to begin our lives together! This bed and breakfast is a step back in time to the elegance of the elite lifestyles in southern Illinois of long ago. Beautifully renovated with love and respect for its historical value, owners Jim and Sandy Belote have poured their heart and soul into bringing the Beall Mansion back to its original glory. Located in the heart of historical Alton, my husband and I spent our time shopping and dining along the river front, as well as taking a scenic drive absorbing the beautiful architecture of Alton. We relaxed in the morning and evening on the quaint Beall Mansion front porch and then indulged ourselves on walks around the neighborhood. The four poster bed was DIVINE!! Like sleeping on a cloud. We highly recommend the Beall Mansion Bed and Breakfast to everyone! The Belotes are warm and gracious hosts and as a gift to us, upgraded our room to the original master bedroom for our honeymoon suite at no additional cost to us in honor of our recent marriage. We plan to revisit them several times in the future and recommend that you check out this elegant bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Best Western Premier - St Louis Regional Airport Hotel
Comfort Inn -- Alton
#5 of 5 in Alton
Best Western Plus Parkway Hotel
St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to BEALL MANSION An Elegant Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!