“Coconut Shrimp is Awesome”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #29 of 102 Restaurants in Alton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We visit Mexico at least twice a year and Red Lobster is the only place that can even compare to the coconut shrimp that we have in Mexico. If I don't have the coconut shrimp, I have the grilled talapia and it is delicous as well. Service is always friendly and quick.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Red Lobster is always a go to place when I want the freshest seafood and the best service. Their prices aren't the lowest but you can always count on good food, good service and the freshest in everything from their salad ot their seafood. And, who can resist the warm cheddar biscuits?!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Yes it's a chain, and I've eaten in one in too many states to count. The food is pricey but always excellent. A couple of times I've gotten broccoli that is beyond young and tasty, but in general, food is great!

1  Thank Vlad97
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My wife and I went for Valentine's Day. We expected to wait, and weren't disappointed by a 40 minute wait. Our waiter kept say "How are we?". It seemed to be his first job outside fast food. He was slow to respond to our requests and needs.

We received our salad and appetizer and were pleasantly surprised. Little did we know this was the best part of our evening experience. Dinner was slow to come. My wife ordered a scampi like dinner which was ok. I order Neptune's Platter, which is my normal meal.

It was overcooked for starters. It tasted like all the food was cooked in old grease. The fish was tough and not very tasty.

When the time for our check arrived we received it fine but had to wait while our waiter took a break. We eventually were able to square our evening with a waitress, who apologized.

This was the first time in over 30 yrs of patronizing this place that I was disappointed in server at Red Lobster.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is our home town Red Lobster, so we eat here often. However, we have relatives who live closer to the one in Fairview Heights and they drive over to Alton's Red Lobster because they say the service is better and everyone is so friendly. They even say the food is better. While I will agree that it is always busy, we've never had an extremely long wait....Friday and Saturday night is obviously the most crowded. Another friend noted how many of the servers have worked here for years.....that should tell you something right there. We're especially fond of one of the management team....Reggie....she is always so friendly and helpful, We always feel at home here.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!