“Absolutely delicious food and friendly staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of China King

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China King
Ranked #43 of 100 Restaurants in Alton
Cuisines: Chinese
EVANSVILLE
“Absolutely delicious food and friendly staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just wanted to mention that China King may not be so big in square footage, but it's a cozy restaurant with great tasting food! I mentioned my visit to some friends who said its a favorite of theirs for Chinese food in the Alton area. The menu on the wall consists of photos, there is a chalkboard menu on the wall highlighting some of the favorite dishes and there are two-sided placemat size menus at the counter. The staff is very friendly, the restaurant is clean and Pepsi products are served. Chopsticks weren't in sight, but I requested a pair and was immediately brought them at my table. To the right of the counter you will find plastic forks and condiments, including tiny packets of powdered pepper which really packs a punch. My only issue is that the napkins are tiny and I probably went through ten or so. I did however like how the food was served in a round container, which can double as a carry out. My lunch Hunan Chicken was a huge portion so I took the eggroll home in the container. Also the rice is a smaller grain and is absolutely delicious!

• Visited July 2013

Been to China King? Share your experiences!