“Moved to Cottage Hills”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Illinois
“Moved to Cottage Hills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Frank's has moved. Same great breakfast (it's all we've ever gone for because it's so good). Same staff. Bigger, better restaurant. No longer the old long, slender dining area that felt cramped. Now a lot more space and much more open. Frank's has moved to Cottage Hill, IL.

132 W. Macarthur Dr. (Rt. 140)
Cottage Hills, IL 62018
(618) 258-8440

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank tab1075

Alton, Illinois
“Frank's is no longer.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Not sure what happened but Frank's is out of service. "Village Inn" now in its place with about the same quality of food.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank PAKO8_13
Lees Summit
“Dining at Franks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had dinner at Franks diner. This is the old fashion home cooked meals with the friendliest people. With a large home cooking menu to choose from, we order the country fried steak and WOW was it good. If we could have stayed another day, we would have loved to returned for breakfast.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank McCloudLeesSummit
Godfrey
“Take your appetite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've been here several times with friends and family. The wide selection of 'American style' food is always tasty in very generous portions and the prices are quite fair. In my experience the friendly service is good but slows a little when the place is very busy. There are a lot of tables fairly crammed in, so it's a little cramped and loud - maybe not the best place to have a liesurely chat over coffee with a friend, but certainly not impossible. Good selection of desserts is hard to resist.

• Visited December 2012
Alton, Illinois
“Disapointing Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is the first time my husband & I have been to Frank's & we agreed whole heartedly it would be the last.
The place was packed, which we took as a good sign. We were seated right away, but it was the only table open. We got our menus right away and the waitress came by in a good amount of time and was very friendly. The good service is the only reason I'm giving this a poor rating instead of terrible. The food was so unfortunate it left an impression on us all day. I didn't feel sick but the only way I can think to describe it is that my stomach was sad.
I had scrambled eggs; my husband's were over easy. Both were underdone. His hash browns were burned on top and cold in the middle. The bacon tasted more like grease than meat. My french toast was bland and although he said his pancakes were the best part of the meal, they also tasted like a box mix.
Yes, you get a lot of food for cheap & if that's all you care about go ahead and eat here. On the other hand if you care at all about the taste of the food you're eating you'll find yourself disappointed with Frank's.

• Visited December 2012