“A nice surprise!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Alton
Aloha, Oregon
“A nice surprise!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Okay, so I'm from Alton, and was back for a family reunion. I must admit that I didn't have high hopes with the BW in Alton, but was very, very pleased with the hotel and accommodations.

The hotel was very clean and well-lit, everything worked as expected, even the free in-room wifi was fairly zippy. (Good enough to watch Netflix even.)

The staff was great and very accommodating.

I'll definitely stay here on my next trip in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding this past weekend. We got a reduced rate for the wedding block of rooms, and still spent a little over $200 for two nights. I thought it was a little steep for a Best Western in Alton, but we did not have much choice since this is where everyone from the wedding was staying. Check in was easy, and the front desk person was very friendly. The room was average size, and appeared very clean. You have complimentary WiFi, so that's definitely a plus. Bed was a little hard for my liking, and a couple of the pillows were lumpy. We had a microwave and refrigerator in the room also. They do serve breakfast. It's a mix of typical continental breakfast fare, mixed with a couple hot items. The biggest problem I had with the hotel was the walls seemed paper thin. My wife and I could hear people's conversations in the room next door, and when anyone was in the hall, it was as if they were in the room with you.
If I was in Alton, I might stay here again just based on cleanliness and staff, but I would probably look at other properties also. I will say that everyone we ran into that worked here were very friendly, and seemed to care about the guest having a good experience. Not a bad place to stay by any means, just not above average in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AA7364
Eudora, Kansas
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We needed a place to stay while visiting relatives. We looked at several options in the Alton, IL, area and found this place. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was standard fare at this place but a little slow, but we went for breakfast at the busy time. We will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jonesboro, IL
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We spent the night in one of the King size rooms and it was great. The room was very large for a hotel room, the bed and pillows were excellent, the room was very clean, and the microwave and fridge were great to have. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great stay.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in might be a little noisy when the pool is open because the pool was right outsi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gays
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here May 10, 2013 for one night. Booked through Best Western website for a good rate and then got email about a Manager's Special so called this hotel and they gave me the special rate which saved me $5. We had a funeral to attend here and I checked the reviews and they were all pretty favorable for this hotel. Check in was quick, the room was clean with nice bedding and the bed was very comfy. The free breakfast was ok, some hot items and the regular cereal, toast, bagels, & yogurt. Several restaurants in this area too. We ate at St. Louis Bread Co. right across the street. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel passed most of my basic tests. It was very clean, the bed was comfortable, wi-fi worked well, breakfast was good. The room was nicely equipped with a refrigerator and microwave and my room was spacious. Plenty of electric outlets for charging various devices.

Average- to below-average water pressure in the shower, which is one of my pet peeves, and is the main reason I only rated this facility 4 out of 5.

Easy access to main highways, and plenty of shopping and dining available in the area.

I cashed in a free night to stay here, but the rates appeared to be reasonable and I would certainly consider staying here again if I am in the Alton area.

One caveat: the hotel appears to be in a poor signal area for AT&T cell service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vancover, Washington
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We recently stayed at this Best Western and had a terrible check-in experience, but otherwise it was a very good property. Not only was our assigned non-smoking room very recently smoked in, but in the Guest Directory, my wife found a dollar bill carefully folded around some white powder. The staff quickly reassigned us, and everything after that seemed fine -- the new room was large and comfortable, and breakfast was better than most. But, overlooked smoking smell? White powder?? I'm not sure we'd want to return to find out what goes on here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mimus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/Alton
#2 of 2 in Grafton
Best Western Plus Pontoon Beach
Best Western Plus Pontoon Beach
#1 of 7 in Pontoon Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Parkway Hotel? Share your experiences!