“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel

BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Alton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visit Alton regularly and this Best Western is a nice addition! I stayed two nights and will be back. Nicely renovated hotel, room and bathroom very clean, King bed very comfortable, a reading chair with ottoman, nice desk and desk chair, plenty of light, easy controls for heat and fan, a small refrigerator, microwave, flat-screen TV, and free Wifi. I asked at the front desk for a listing of TV channels which helped since there were over 50 and hard to find favorites. My room faced the back parking lot and was very quiet. Check-in was quick, there's a business center with computers and printer if needed, and the free breakfast had a number of choices and was kept neat and well stocked. There's an outdoor pool and fitness area. There are a few snacks for purchase near the lobby and numerous choices for food in the area. A favorite is the St Louis Bread Company (AKA Panera) right across the highway. As mentioned by other reviewers, the entrance is easy to miss the first time. Come through the Burger King parking lot to the hotel entrance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CSS50
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I Love to travel and have stayed at several Best Westerns and this is by far the best one we have ever stayed at!! I believe hotel was either new or newly remodeled so everything was modern and not from the 80s. Booked hotel onoine and that can be scary at times when you arrive, but this one was just as described. Customer service was phenomenal; on par with some of the four star resorts that we have stayed at and better than some of the bigger names out there that we have stayed at that I am sure I am not allowed to mention in my review.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Quincy, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night while in town for his birthday. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the previous review, but I was pleasantly surprised. We were greeted by smiling faces. Check in was quick and easy. They didn't have a shuttle service, but they were able to provide us with a number for the cab. Room was spacious. Microwave and refrigerator, couch, and large VERY comfortable bed. The bathroom was very nice and everything was clean. Breakfast was good. Only complaint for it was I wish there was a little more selection on the hot items. Overall, it was a great hotel. We will be staying again here definitely.

Room Tip: We had a room on the backside of the hotel, very quiet. Not sure if the front side of the hotel woul...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisadc88
Alton, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been staying In the Best Western Hotel In Alton for a little over 2 weeks and I have to say they might have clean rooms considering that they are new. But the staff is another issue. I had someone try to access my computer while I was at work. When I brought it to the staffs attention they acted like they didn't give a Crap!, Especially the GM. They are not the most pleasant staff. I would not recommemd for anyone to bring anything of value here. . . .. .

Room Tip: If possible check to see if the Hotel Rooms come with a built in Safe.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Rudy G
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed one night this past weekend and this hotel was wonderful. The king bed was very comfortable and the decor is updated and very nice. We had a good breakfast the next morning and to my surprise, I was able to make my own fresh and hot Belgium waffles! My husband liked the egg omeletes they had prepared already along with the biscuits and gravy. Of course they had a lot of other breakfast choices, too. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. This is a very nice hotel and if we need to stay in Alton again, we will for sure pick this one! One more thing - they do have a small pool, which if I knew that, I would have brought our swim suits.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the building and it was Very Quiet!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 402Debbie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alton
Atrium Hotel & Conference Center
Super 8 Alton
Super 8 Alton
#3 of 5 in Alton
3.5 of 5 stars 228 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkway Hotel? Share your experiences!