Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
$59
$67
$57
$54
All reviewsdouble treemidway airportwarm cookiespark and flyshuttle drivernice hotelbreakfast buffetthe entire stafffront desk staffroom was clean and comfortableindoor poolwould stay againgreat place to stayeasy accessfitness centerbusiness tripwedding
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We live less than 10 miles away, yet we've stayed probably at least half a dozen times over the past couple years. The location meets all of our amenity requests, has a great restaurant AND bar onsite with a great breakfast buffet/brunch on the weekends, which is usually available through a bed & breakfast package that is really reasonably priced! Whenever the workweek gets unbearable or feels like a work "month," we make a reservation at the Doubletree and enjoy a break that's a 15 minute drive from home. Allgauer's Restaurant (onsite) has great food and the honors program allows for a free night without having to stay 100 times a year. We love it!

Room Tip: They do have smoking rooms so if you do NOT want a smoking room - make sure you mention when booking. Friends of mine have been put in smoking rooms if they did not mention a preference either way. (I'm assuming this was due to non-availability for non-smoking rooms?)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your weekend with us and were able to unwind after a busy work week. As of November 1st we are converting all of our smoking rooms into non-smoking rooms, this process will take around a month, but we are happy to say that we will be 100% smoke free by December 1st. Thank you so much for your feedback and your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you value sleep don't stay here. Made 4 calls to the front desk btwn 1am and 3:30,, 2 of which went unanswered. Staff was not capable of addressing this problem. Once the security guard said, you can't party in the halls. A second visit was for a fire alarm. The bar serves drinks until 2 am. I thought this was a thotel. Shouldn't the mission should be to provide a good night's sleep?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We will research this incident and take precautions in the future to ensure that noise complaints are kept to a minimum. The hotel is staffed with extra security on the weekends to try and resolve these types of situations. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about this and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very nice hotel. I stayed on the 1st floor, which is not a favorite of mine, but Travelocity put me in a smoking room, which I didn't want. I was surprised how quiet the hotel was, even on the ground floor. The fitness room was modern, and it appeared as though the indoor pool was in very good condition. The complimentary breakfast was very good, and the lounge bartender was quick and courteous.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed our fitness center and pool amenities while here as our guest. We are extremely pleased that we exceeded your expectations with regards to first floor rooms. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I made reservations two months in advance. Called twice to verify the type of room and the rate. Everything was ready to go...
When we arrived Friday evening on Chicago we were assign to a single room with one bed. That is not what I reserved and verified twice with the reservation specialist in Texas. The only answer the lady at the counter was offered was an upgrade to a suite for an extra $100+ per night. I told her that was not acceptable and was told that was all she could do. We left to look for another hotel. I decided to call reservations in Texas again with no resolution. I did not feel the reservation specialist in Texas had a clue what the situation was in Chicago. I will never ever again have any business with Doubletree nor will I recommended to any of my friends...

Stayed: September 2012
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for quickly alerting us about this and I apologize for the miscommunication. We are sorry that we couldn’t supply your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a detailed process every day to make sure that our guests receive exactly the room they expect.

I would like the opportunity to research this matter. If you could contact me personally at chias_gm@hilton.com and supply me with your name and reservation dates I can look into the reservation history and figure out what occured.

Once again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope that the next time you travel to the area you’ll reconsider staying with us again.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We checked into the Doubletree on September 14, 2012 to stay a few nights, enjoy Chicago and attend a school reunion. We have traveled and checked into a lot of Hotels but one thing really stood out for us at this Doubletree, her name is Laura Beltrame. I have never felt such a genuine, warm and inviting welcome. Laura was so kind and professional. Honestly.. She made us feel like family. From the warm cookie to the soft smile we knew it was going to be a really great stay. Laura went beyond the call of duty to make sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our extended weekend in Chicago. In fact we had such a great time we stayed an extra night. Ron Celmer runs a very tight ship in his dining room serving up one of the best breakfast buffets ever. You can tell Laura & Ron are good managers because the entire staff seemed happy. Yes I mean the entire staff.. maids, servers (Cassey & Phil) the hostess and everyone at the front desk. A CLEAN, FRIENDLY HOTEL, OUTSTANDING & HAPPY EMPLOYEES, DELICIOUS COOKIES ALL AT A GREAT PRICE!! We know where we will be staying every trip into Chicago and we suggest you check it out as well. Thanks Laura...see you soon. Room #506

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your positive remarks in all areas of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your comments with the management team here at the hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the true spirit of "caring" hospitality for which DoubleTree by Hilton is known.