“FELT LIKE WE WERE FAMILY”

Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alsip
St. Thomas
“FELT LIKE WE WERE FAMILY”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We checked into the Doubletree on September 14, 2012 to stay a few nights, enjoy Chicago and attend a school reunion. We have traveled and checked into a lot of Hotels but one thing really stood out for us at this Doubletree, her name is Laura Beltrame. I have never felt such a genuine, warm and inviting welcome. Laura was so kind and professional. Honestly.. She made us feel like family. From the warm cookie to the soft smile we knew it was going to be a really great stay. Laura went beyond the call of duty to make sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our extended weekend in Chicago. In fact we had such a great time we stayed an extra night. Ron Celmer runs a very tight ship in his dining room serving up one of the best breakfast buffets ever. You can tell Laura & Ron are good managers because the entire staff seemed happy. Yes I mean the entire staff.. maids, servers (Cassey & Phil) the hostess and everyone at the front desk. A CLEAN, FRIENDLY HOTEL, OUTSTANDING & HAPPY EMPLOYEES, DELICIOUS COOKIES ALL AT A GREAT PRICE!! We know where we will be staying every trip into Chicago and we suggest you check it out as well. Thanks Laura...see you soon. Room #506

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your positive remarks in all areas of our hotel and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your comments with the management team here at the hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the true spirit of "caring" hospitality for which DoubleTree by Hilton is known.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Allendale, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Very nice hotel in Alsip, IL. Many wonderful conference rooms. Staff was beyond helpful (I lost my key several times, and they had a great sense of humor). The marketing staff is beyond friendly and geniune about it. Work with Michele if you have company business here. She got me 12 rooms with little notice for a big company event while most of Chicago was booked.

Comfortable rooms and accomodations.

Room Tip: So far, all rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
We are so thrilled that you had a great meeting/conference experience while here on property and that our team was able to accommodate your last minute requests. We look forward to serving you in the future and thank you for your business.
Clive, Iowa
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here as part of a wedding (wedding was not at the hotel) and there were several other weddings taking place over the weekend. The hotel was fairly noisy due to all of the people around celebrating, but the beds were very comfortable so we still slept well. Staff was great for my check-in, but when other people attending the wedding checked-in they didn't give guests all the information they needed. Bar service was slow on Friday night because there was only one bartender, but she did a good job and was friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we will utilize your points to ensure we staff up appropriately when business requires it. Over the weekends the hotel is a much different atmosphere than the weekdays due to social business. Thank you again for your posting and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Westport, CT
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I've read some of the other reviews. Honestly, I can't imagine a better hotel for what it does. I've stayed many, many times. Yes, it is not right by Midway (it's about half an hour south of there), but I wouldn't downgrade the hotel itself for that reason. (I would actually prefer heading to this hotel than staying at one near Midway - old and crowded there.) Also, I traveled frequently for 10 years, and I notice things like noise and older mattresses. This hotel is quiet. (I notice one person had an issue, but the structure is spread out and there nothing but fields behind the hotel so I'd just request a quiet room in advance if that's important to you.) The beds are very comfortable with crisp, white sheets. The pool is nicely done for a hotel pool: it's clean, large, well maintained, and set in a nice area. It's easily accessible from 294, Cicero and 127th. The hotel looks just like the photos in its web site. The best part - the rooms are reasonably priced. Book with confidence.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ellen M
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Wow, thank you for your extremely thorough review of our entire facility. We are extremely appreciative that you mentioned many of the services that our hotel offers and approve of our price to value relationship. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the near future!
Alsip
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The owner and staff are beyond attentive and responsive! Upon check in we were given hot chocolate chip cookies... fabulous touch! The room was very clean... looks like it was newly redecorated, fresh and bright. We had technical difficulties (our issue) in the business center, the staff once again went out of their way to help! Our room was quiet, even with the majority of the guests staying in the hotel attending a Irish football tournament, young and loud...but in our room no noise. The hotel has reminder signs posted reminding guests of quiet zones. We travel a lot, and highly recommend this safe, clean, professionally staffed hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive remarks. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the Football Team wasn't too much of a distraction. We tried to be as proactive with this group in advance and brought in more managers and 3rd party security guards to assist with this large group. Thank you again for your remarks and business. We look forward to serving you in the future!
VA
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Let me start by stating that I try to choose Doubletree as a preferred destination as often as I can. But this location is NOT like the Doubletree I am familiar with.

I checked in on a Friday at 11pm, after a long day of travel with my 8yr old and we were looking forward to a good night sleep. But this is not the place for that. The noise level is off the charts. Guests in other rooms were hosting family & friend gatherings in their rooms and they extremely loud, with children were running up/down the hallways, a complete disregard to other guests privacy. This took place up to 1AM.

I tried to shun some of the noise by turning on the bathroom fan and cranking up the AC, but this wasn't enough. I called the front desk twice to request they do something about this. They responded quickly, but after the first visit, the guests continued to get louder. I checked out the next morning because I did not want to experience this again.

The room was nice and comfortable, but the environment was not the best. I expected a much better experience. Upon checkout I notified the front desk. They apologized and offered a free breakfast. I understand that they can't control the behavior of guests but they should encourage those type of gatherings to take place in the lounges of the main level.

Room Tip: in peace and quiet is what you're searching for... you might not find it here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AlsipDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We are so sorry about the disruptions that you endured while our guest. I would appreciate it if you would be so kind to contact me personally so that I might be able to retrieve some further information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you, please contact me at jacob.washlow@hilton.com and place your name-trip advisor in the subject line so that I know who this e-mail is coming from and that it is not spam.

Once again we apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you.
dallas
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I travel to this hotel several times a year for business. My last trip there was exceptional. The staff is courteous and attentive to their guests. The breakfast room service was prompt and the food was delicious. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and it is great to hear that all our service departments exceeded your expectations, especially in-room dining! We look forward to serving you again in the near future and thank you for your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton
#1 of 3 in Orland Park
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip? Share your experiences!