“Nice Breakfast Buffet”
Review of Allgauer's

Allgauer's
Reserve with OpenTable
Allgauer's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Alsip
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 127th St. and Cicero Ave.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A complete buffet for you breakfast people. Omletes/eggs to order. Hot buffet as well as a cold buffet (for us healthy eaters) that includes fresh fruit, yougrt, cereal, breads...you know all the fixings...

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I really appreciate the staff and breakfast buffet at Allgauers. The food is fresh, hot and well done. Staff is always friendly.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here last night for his birthday. I made a reservation, but none was really needed (it was a Wednesday night and nothing going on in the area). We were treated very well from the start to finish. We both got French Onion soups and the "Ahi Tuna Two Ways" to start. The tuna was fantastic! I got a NY Strip for my entree. It was cooked the way I asked and was very good. My boyfriend ordered the special which was a pineapple cut in half and filled with a seafood mix of scallops, shrimp and crab meat with onions, peppers and pineapple chunks in a creamy butter sauce with mozzarella cheese melted on top. It was paired with a coconut lime rice. We got the dessert sampler and not only was it pretty, it was delicious!

We might go back this week. Please give this place a chance if you are from the area. I am a chef myself and can see this place is worth going to. Also, since it was my boyfriend's birthday, he got his meal and dessert on the house.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for easter brunch. We had an afternoon reservation and by the time we were seated there was no prime rib, no lamb and no oyster bar. The food was average - some items better than others. The dessert room was almost empty. We were seated in the main room but many people were seated in the hallway. The wait staff was friendly and very busy. I would not recommend this for a special occasion...it was just ok.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The family birthday started nicely until we were served our dinners. Ahi tuna was some abomination frozen, nuked weird tasting slices of mystery food. Mom's "catfish" tasted like a cat, or whatever they killed out back. Cherry pie desert was some pile on the plate of inedible glop. Service was at a snail's pace. Value???? If we could have run out the door without the cops being called, we would have!

Been to Allgauer's? Share your experiences!