“You Get What You Pay For”

Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Alsip
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We stayed here for a wedding happening about 3 miles away. Much of the family from out of town stayed there also. I requested first floor when making the reservation online and they did accomodate me no problem without even mentioning it. It wasn't a bad place, pretty quiet, ok breakfast. The staff was nice and the location was conveinent to where we were going. I would stay here again for the money its a clean place to stay with breakfast to start off your day.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2008

Our stay at this hotel last year was great so we selected it again. Just as before, the rooms were comfortable and clean, continental breakfast excellent, all staff nice and helpful. The hotel allows pets and I noticed several dogs but no barking or problems. A friend was on the 1st floor and complained about noise from a large group that arrived late but the only noise I heard was some loud people packing their car under our 2nd floor closed window (can't blame the hotel for that). I would say that for about $100 per night the overall value is hard to beat. I've also stayed at the nearby Doubletree, that's a bit nicer property with a pool, but no free breakfast, and the rooms are 30-40% more. The Baymont staff does a nice job and it will be my choice when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 10, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for one night after leaving the Days Inn down the street. The front desk was very polite and helpful and the rooms were very clean. It's in a great location, very close to the interstate and near a lot of restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 1, 2008

I booked this room based off of the reviews below and it was exactly as described. I had no major issues while I was there, the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The wireless internet was fast and free (though I think you used to have to pay, not anymore.) There aren't a ton of restaurants close and none that I remember within walking distance, but it's still a good locale due to it's proximity to the city without having to deal with city hotel rates or traffic. The breakfast was better than usual with cold cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, juices, waffles, bread/pastry items - you know, all the stuff at a "deluxe" continental breakfast and there was someone on staff at all times to make sure nothing ran out. I've contemplated staying at other Baymont properties but they tend to get bad reviews so I was skeptical to book this. However, I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to pay the steeper rate at the Doubletree.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed June 3, 2007

Fitness center is just one stair stepper and 2 reclining bike machines.
The internet access was down and they blamed the weather all weekend.
The weather was no big deal. A little rain.
I called the customer care center after being told there would be no discount for lack of internet access. Customer care told me no discount because it was free with the room. Well, the toilet is free with the room and if that didn't work, I would be expecting a discount as well!
I'll be calling the general manager tomorrrow morning.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed June 19, 2006

I booked my room through [--], a first for me. I was leary of what I would find when I arrived at the Baymont Hotel, as I had never stayed at this chain before. It was a nice surprise. The staff was pleasant, the no smoking room was clean and neat. The king size bed was more comfortable than my bed at home. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and will also try to find another Baymont the next time I travel. The only recommendation I have would be to put a treadmill in the fitness room. They also have a continental breakfast, and the coffee was as good as the bed was comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank odie2101
Reviewed March 6, 2006

I was not expecting much for the price I paid but I was suprised.The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and mondern.Would gladly stay there agian.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank joandneal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsip
Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
#8 of 9 in Tinley Park
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Orland Park

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip? Share your experiences!